Monday, December 8, 2008

While You're Waiting...PEEK!

ha HA, made you look! Here's a little something I made today, how do you like my new snowman? er, snowhippo! I sketched in a little pile of snow around it to complete the effect.
I added a bunch(12 to be exact) rhinestones that could either be interpreted as falling snow or stars. The full moon (hee!) was made by masking with a scrap circle and sponging Night of Navy ink. I went back in after removing the mask on the udnerside of the moon an his bottom for a nice rounded effect. :) Card base is Incandescent Blumarino from Paper Temptress, a navy paper that has such an amazing shimmer, you have to see it to believe it. I outlined the hippo, portions of the trees and bright and happy" in my greeting with the Stardust glitter pen. White CS and ribbon are both Gina K Pure luxury.
Card also uses Gina K's"Seasonal Sayings" and "Tree Silhouettes" (only a couple days left to earn it free with three sets!)
Only a couple hours til the next peek! (for real!!)

15 comments:

Shannon said...

Not nice....you got me all excited thinking I was gonna get one more peek before I turn into a pumpkin. I love the "full moon"!!!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent.

Amy said...

LOL, that is so cute!! I would have never thought of using the hippo for a winter card.

But I have to agree with the first post. It was mean of you to have a title like that and have it not be a new set. :p

Shannon Swenson said...

♫ When the moon hits your eye... ♬ ♪

[a lunar tune]

judy anderson said...

You don't have to be a hippopotamus ti become a pheabotmis.....one who takes blood.

ALLY said...

Awwwwwwwww..... too cute!!!!

Cathy said...

Okay, I was just checking out your blog as I do daily. I just caught the top part of the card, which I must add is beautiful and when I scrolled down and saw the darling Hippo I burst out laughing. If I wake my husband up with these outbursts it will be your fault :)

Mary said...

I never would have though to use a hippo on a Christmas card. What an awesome idea! Your card is so sweet.

Mary

scrappintlc said...

Mel Mel sassy girl. *shakes head* But you're very lucky the card is adorable or you'd really be in huge trouble with all of us for we know where you hang out. Muhahahahhaha

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMgosh Melanie..this is so SUPER cute!!

Amy Johnson said...

Cute card! I love the rhinestones as stars and how you put the sentiment in a 'moon'. Great job!

Bee said...

Heehee, so cute! ;-)

Donna said...

so cute! love the idea of the snowflakes (that's what they are to me) and putting a hippo in the snow - only in stamping!

Laura Jean (AKA LJ) said...

OH how cute is this, would have never thought to make a snowy hippo holiday card with this set....
It's absolutely adorable!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

I LOVE the snow hippo...........I LOVE the snow hippo.........I LOVE the snow hippo........I LOVE the snow hippo!!!!!!!! Now I'm gonna have to make Snow Animals out all of your critters........what a super fun idea especially up here in Winterland!!!!!

Deb Wood said...

Very beautiful scene and the addded hippo makes it cute too, I love it!!