Friday, April 17, 2009

Masked and Altered Book

I used to belong to a book club, it was a lot of fun. I would love to start my own, but until I can get one going (if!) I thought this blank journal form Hobby Lobby (altered a bit!) would be a wonderful way for place for me to make notes on books I've read, would recommend to others, jot down books I want to read based on other's recommendations of the book reviews I browse, ideas of what would make a good book club reading selection and questions to follow up with, as well as copy down some favorite quotes or passages from the book! (that's enough to fill this right? LOL! I stamped the glass on Gina K Pure Luury Vanilla and colored the wine with peerless watercolors ,then covered it with a cut out mask of the glass so I could stamp the "Live well, laugh often, love much" sentiment also from " A Charmed Life" all over my background with Antique Linen distressing ink, and sponging this same ink around the edge.. I just love that scripty background it creates! Don't forget the book charm on the glass! I also knotted a piece of long black ribbon from the Floral Frenzy kit to the coil binding for a built in book mark.

I'll be back with another sample that would be perfect for a book lover. :) My potluck winner is up at Stamp TV, check to see if you won! Lee has a glittery challenge for you to take this week, sounds like fun to me! Right now I am busy, busy creating for our Gina K release next week and having a blast with these new sets!! peeks start Monday! (guess what, MINE's first!!! eek!)

Have a terrific weekend!! :)

6 comments:

  1. How nice, Melanie! I have such a journal as well. Mostly, I want to keep it so that maybe someday... my kids will read what I liked and perhaps get more of an insight on what mom was "really" like. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to jot down your lit thoughts. I love the look of this. Makes me want to sit under a tree (in Paris) and read! Stunning! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this journal you made...It turned out fabulous!
    I love reading, just don't have as much time with a little one going all day. Somehow I can stamp and keep up with him, but reading is more difficult. LOL! Can't quite get engrossed in a character until he is in bed. Jodi Picoult's new book Handle with Care was good, but took me 2 weeks to read :o)

    Looking forward to seeing your sneak peeks for GKD soon!!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! I love it! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL Mel! What a gorgeous journal!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)