Sunday, April 12, 2009

Another Sketch!

I completely missed sharing this card and sketch with you recently, my bad! (but I'm kinda glad because have nothing Easter-y to share at this time, busy doing Easter things LOL!, have to upload some pics of that tomorrow!)
I love this sketch of Ally's, something about the circle in the square and the stars inspired me to use these earthy papers from Basic Grey Granola, and I love the kind of western/dude feel it has! I turned my clasped hands from "Hand in Hand" upside down to look like a "hip hip hurray moment", the stars and worn denim-like paper just make me think "rodeo" LOL! I don't make enough guy cards and I think this would work pretty well...Image is colored with Copics, sponged with Antique Linen distressing ink and I used a piercing template and marker to make the dotted detail around the edge.


Have a blessed Easter!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is a fun sketch!!! And a fun card with a "high 5" feel!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch interpretation! TFS

    Jany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this wonderful card and thought of my neice who completed Army Basic training a little over a year ago. Maybe it's the two stars on either side of the hands. But right after the graduation ceremony I was lucky enough to attend Chessy and one of her unit mates clasped raised hands just like this in celebration of surviving Basic successfully!

    Thanks for the memories. I'll have to send this link to Chess so she can remember too.

    Hugs and blessings - Jean

    PS - I love the word verification I got - abiliti - as in you have the abiliti to make me grow in my craft as well as become a better person. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)