Monday, April 13, 2009

I Gotta Hand it to Her...

Tina Gillaland, whom I've met through blogging, is someone who really lifts me up. Through comments she leaves on my blog, but also through private messages on SCS and STV letting me know my posts and my stamps are helping her become a better stamper, that is priceless to me! She also sent me this card for my birthday, and I was so tickled by how she used these two sets, had to share this clever idea with all of you!

After cutting out the "A Charmed Life" wine glass and one of the hands from my "Hand in Hand" set, she lightly sketched in the fingers by looking at the original image to look like they were behind the glass and colored before adding Crystal Lacquer, and I think she did a fabulous job! Tina, I'm raising a glass to you as I type LOL, your design is just brilliant! I'm also really digging that pretty ribbon treatment too, going to have to borrow that! ;) Thanks for making my day, again!


I'll be back with more BRAKS I received, they were all so appreciated, thank you everyone who remembered me with your cards, emails and comments! I'd like to say too while I'm thinking about it, there are many of you faithfully leave wonderful feedback for me or have questions, but you don't have a return email or blogger profile with contact info so I can write you back, and I'd really like to! So if there is some way you can add that, I'd love it (and I'll be in touch!) :)


Have a terrific day!

7 comments:

  1. Wow What an awesome card! The colours, the wine glass and hand go perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card, Melanie! Tina's use of the two sets together is so creative! Thanks for sharing her card with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been chatting with Tina recently and I was really excited to see her name in your blog. I didn't even think about her having and blog so I checked it out! We don't live very far from each other so I am hoping we can get together eventually. I had no idea she was so talented! I admire your work and your designs so this has really been a treat for me. So many stamps, so little time and money to spend! I just wanted to thank you for sharing your talents - I know I certainly enjoy them and have learned so much.

    Chris R. from Iowa
    (ckrobinson01@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice! The hand is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina did a great job on this card! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really a nice card. I especially like the layout and the way the ribbon has been used. And the hand with the glass makes it unique! In short, I like everything about it!

    Ananya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my what a gorgeous card she created!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)