Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just Wanna Be Your Teddy Bear!

Here's a card I made for Donna's sketch challenge this week on Stamp TV, I hadn't used this little huggy bear from "Jumping for Joy" in awhile and I realized Asela's floppy limbed panda from "Zoo Animals" was the perfect size to tuck in the bears arms like a stuffed animal! After stamping the bear cut around both his arms and slide the cut out panda underneath. You will cut straight across the bear's middle from left to right to get the other arm, that's okay, the panda covers the cut!) :) I'm so happy with this image combo, with his little "lovey!" :) "big hug" is from the "give yourself a big hug!" greeting in the "Jumping for Joy" set.

I used 4 polka dot prints from the DCWV Spring Stack and a Gina K Pure Luxury Black mat on Pure Luxury White Base, then added some pink ribbon from the Floral Frenzy kit and a few adhesive metal dots I had, my round embellishment supply is running dangerously low!! Good thing I placed an order today for more of the white paper flowers! ;)

Hope you'll take Donna's challenge, still 2 more days to play, you could win a free set!

Have a good one! (((((((((((((((hugs!))))))))))))))))))

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic...what a great masking job you did to create this adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to have the bear hugging the little cutie!!! Wow I am going to have to go upstairs to see what I have that might work. LOVE IT!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling idea! I love it! So precious! And the polar bear's expression has all the love one can hold in one's heart for their favorite "lovey".

    Great card, Mel!
    Kim Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - this totally made me smile from ear to ear! how CUTE! love the pop the black lends...awesome job on my sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE!!! That layout is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soo cute
    Love the idea of using both together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cute! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOw how smart of you to think of that.... I love it, makes a very sweet card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these cute images...you always have the best ways to use them! What an adorable card, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just so stinking cute. I love the colors, nice and springy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AAWWW!!! What a cute card Mel!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)