Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ladies Night!

This was my first try with the Peerless Watercolors and the wine, it colored quickly and like a dream! Be sure to leave a big white spot for a highlight. I added a little gray Copic to the glass to give it more dimension. This HOT raspberry and eggplant paper is from Emily's "Rich and Shabby" digi pack, I blinged it up by adding some adhesive metal dots to the middle of the circle I just love working a favorite embellishment into the pattern this way. I pierced a hole through the punched out tag I made for the "girls night out" sentiment and added a jump ring to make my tag look a little more charming. Don't forget the screaming red pump on the wine ring! :) That'll get the girls fired up for your night out, for sure! ("did someone say "shoes?!" ") To give it an extra "modern" twist, the opposite corners of the DP and Elegant eggplant base are punched with a small corner rounder, works nicely with the circles.

Have a great day! (BTW There is one effect I did on this card that didn't really show up well in the photograph, so instead of explaining it here, I will do it on another project (and I think you'll really like it!)

2 comments:

  1. You know, sometimes it's the little things that really make something special. I love the "opposite corners with the corner rounder" and the metal adhesive dots. They just really make this card MORE beautiful! Another fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome....love the charm!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)