Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Shaped Wine Tag

Here is a little shaped card that measures about 3 1/2" x 1 1/2", simply made by stamping the wine glass on a piece of folded CS, the top of the glass just above the score so it holds together when cutting out through the two layers. I thought it would be perfect for attaching to a little gift bag or looping around the neck of a bottle of wine you are gifting with a piece of metallic cord! I like how it stands on it's own. :)
I made this quite a while ago but hadn't shared yet because I had such a difficult time getting it photographed properly! I used Vintage SilverLuster CS from Paper Temptress, click this link to see the finish, it was the most beautiful swirl texture, something like mother of pearl which I though be gorgeous with the image but can't really get the detail to show up in the photo Becca's of it's reflectiveness and texture, as well as that camera wants to focus on that greeting inside! grrr! LOL! I stamped it with Memento Black and colored with a Cardinal Copic.

When you open it, I stamped the "like fine wine..." quote from "A Charmed Life" under the bowl of the glass. If the bottom looks a little flat here, it is, I trimmed along the bottom to leave a flatter edge so you could stand it up.
Another thing I like about this paper, as with many of Paper Temptress's textured offerings, the inside is smooth white, perfect for the inside of cards! :)
Paper Temptress is currently offering all her touch papers (plastic, suede and my fave: VELVET!) this month at 25% off and the LEATHER line at 40% off, so be sure to go shopping before the end of April, these would all be great choices for you Mother's and Father's Day projects coming up.
Hope you enjoyed this simple project, despite the not so great pics!
PS A GREAT set is coming out next week from Gina K Designs you could use those leather papers with, can't wait can't wait! :)

9 comments:

  1. Cute... it would make a great gift bag tag... OR a seating name tag on a table??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this is just too darn CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! there you go with your shaped cards again *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute and creative this is, Melanie! Thanks for sharing all the great ideas for unique ways to use your set! I always need tags for wine gifts - this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a creative idea Melanie. I love the idea for a gift tag and for a seating name tag as Tina said. You have done so many cute things with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, girl, I see you are at it again....absolutely awesome card. Thanks for sharing the idea. Your creativity knows no end.

    Keep on.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet idea. Love the stunning colours you get with this. Makes me want a glass of wine (and I don't even drink LOL) ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am beyond excited about seeing some new sets! You are always thinking out of the box with card shapes.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and do I understand about photographing that beautiful paper! I am also very excited about the new release coming up soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)