Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sneak Peek: Not Forgotten

You're going to be so moved when you see the full set reveal for Gina's "Not Forgotten" tonight, a new set from Gina K Designs that will be a must in any stampers collection. Sometimes we need to hear fro people the most on days when we are missing our departed loved ones, and those times can be the hardest to find the right words for or right card. This set has you covered.
This DP is one of my favorite prints from the Basic Grey Offbeat pack, aren't those colors and pattern amazing?? The brown in it is a perfect match for the new Gina K Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss CS I used for the base and mat. The greeting is beautiful enough to be it's own focal point when paired with a pretty DP or stamped background, here I framed it up in Petite Classic and Scalloped Nestabilities, sponging some bordering blue on before removing the die. The chocolate gingham I strung through the slit and tied is from the Floral Frenzy kit.

What's this? Did I sew for you today? No, that was using my new favorite tool, the Scor Bug, I went all the way around the card using that and my Scor-Pal with three quick turns and faux- stitched it with a brown pen! I LOVE IT!! (and you will, too!

Inside I added the strip of DP I had left after cutting the mat for the front and pierced and faux stitched across the top and bottom. I used the same shimmery CS from Paper Temptress for the inside, adding a greeting from the same set, along with a white paper flower adhered with a glue dot. Although many of the sentiments in the set are appropriate for those difficult "firsts", (anniversaries, holidays without a loved one), this greeting is a great one for any time you want to convey "I'm thinking of you both today, for no reason other than I love you..."

For more inspiring sneak peeks from our team, please see: Carolyn King, Donna Baker, Emily Giovanni, Erika Martin, Gina Krupsky, Jessica Fick, Theresa Momber and our "In the Spotlight" designer Beverly Cole!
Tonight is the party!!! I hope you can all join Gina K and her team ffrom 7-10 PM CST for one of our best and biggest releases ever!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I just love this new set. I like how you sewed on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible faux stitching - if you hadn't said, we'd never have known! I think I saw the scorebug online - think I'll go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Love the dp and stitching is awesome. What a meaningful stamp set this is... Looking forward to seeing the entire set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you tricked me! I was like, 'Mel stitched??'...I was all ready to be jealous over your awesome stitching too, lol! This is beautiful Mel, love the colors you have used on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the new stamp set...so touching. Great DP and I love how you did the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are always so creative. Love all of your samples this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card, that pattern is my favorite in that stack too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully touching and SO thoughtful. This set will be a must have for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This card is absolutely stunning. I love the colours, papers, sentiments...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can sew too? lol Great faux stitching, and easy you say? Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)