Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wine Tin with Cards and Charms

Today I have a little Altoid tin I quickly altered to hold all the wine charms I made from the glass image from "A Charmed Life" and Polyshrink) colored with Copics before heating and embellished with adhesive rhinestones after). First I stamped the label border from "What's in Your Tin? 2" onto Natural Antique Parchment from Paper Temptress and then added the "Live well..." quote from "A Charmed Life" to the middle.

Then I printed out some different wine descriptions in a format that would fit my labels stamp on the same paper, stamped the border around them and added a few charms from the wine set to go along with the wine theme, and trimmed. Now I have a set of wine cards to describe the different varietals to go with the charms so the recipient has suggestion for what to buy as well as meal pairings for menu planning.

I plan to make more cards like these and convert it to a pdf to upload here so you can print them out and make your own cards, stay tuned! Really rounds out the gift with something practical and "educational". :) The inside has another quote from the set: "I love everything that's old, one friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Can't wait to gift this set! :)

Hope this inspires you to create some fun gifts with these stamps!

14 comments:

  1. My youngest DD is starting to get into wines. This would make a great gift for her. Good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary FriederichsenApril 8, 2009 at 2:34 AM

    This is such a great idea, and you did a beautiful job! just darling!
    I have several friends that we enjoy wines with and these would make perfect hostess gifts for
    them.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know, I live in Sicily so this is absolutely PERFECT and I am scratching my head going why didn't I think of that. Love Love Love this idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wine for me but sure love your cute charms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fab idea.... I love that sentiment on top of the tin...I painted it on the wall in my kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea! Love the little wine charms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a sensational idea! My stamps are on the way and I love shrink plastic, Can't wait to try this one out! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so darn creative! What a fun gift for a wine lover or for a wine tasting. The charms are so bright, Copics are awesome, one of these I'll break down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness... how very awesome!!! Need MY address??? LOL I love it. What a great gift this would make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome idea and so elegantly done! Love it.

    Jimmye Sue
    Texana Designs
    www.texanadesigns.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mel -

    What a great project! I have tons of those tins. You are a genius.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is gorgeous! There's an award on my blog for you if you want it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous!! Such a great gift idea! I hope to see those files soon so I can start working on some Christmas starter gifts! These are such great ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun gift! I have an entire drawer full of Altoid tins, I saved them for a while "just in case" and never did a thing with them...! I just love how your wine glass looks in polyshrink, too!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)