Saturday, September 12, 2009

Week 2 with Melissa Shulz and Geri Utterback

It's great having two guest designers in one month, makes for such fun and different eye candy! :) I love how both, (unbeknownst to each other!) chose to use just one image and one sentiment from the set they are working with to create their cards today! It's all in the details!

Melissa Shulz has such a great eye for detail and always makes such wonderful, whimsical cards! Today she has a festive card using "School, Sports, Spirit!", so cute how she hung up the skates with some cord and a brad! Makes a wonderful holiday card and I love that she used these fresh, trendy colors! The non traditional lime really pops on this wintery aqua card, and the glitter, snowflakes, brads and dry embossing make it extra"cool!" Her layout and little clip treatment for the sentiment are so unique. Great card, Melissa! Definitely makes me wanna get my skate on! ;) (Around Christmas is about the only time I ever do, but I've always loved watching figure skating, one of the first movies I ever saw at a drive-in was "Ice Castles" when I was realllllly little, anyone remember that movie??! ) You can see another card using this set on Melissa's blog, I haven't seen it yet, so we'll both be surprised!! :)
Geri Utterback is great at creating scenes or coming up with clever uses for stamps, but she is another master at creating a just plain GORGEOUS card with one image, a greeting and lots of carefully chosen details. Check out this beauty with "A Year of Leaves"!!


The details, straight from Geri:
Stamps - A Year of Leaves
DP is from Memorybox Twilight
Martha Stewart punch
self adhesive nailheads- from Gina
ribbon- from Gina
Tim Holtz ink
Oval and square nestabilities
Pure Luxury Pumpkin Spice and Chocolate Kiss

I made a 3 inch square, punched out once on each side. I made a inside square using two sizes of squares. I stamped and sponged the leaf using Tim Holtz ink. Applied a sticker strip in copper around the edge.

Sounds easy, right?? Easy on the eyes, for sure! Sigh, ...sooo pretty!! Love those patterns, punched frameand muted cooring on the leaf! Okay, let's go see another lovely, leafy creation at her blog! :)

Thank you, ladies, for your time and talent!!!!

2 comments:

  1. OOooo, what fabulous eye candy Melanie! It is fun seeing two different designers and what they are creating with your sets. Yes, I remember Ice Castles....LOVED the movie. I watched it a couple of months ago (somehow caught it on TV) and just love the music...really takes me back to many years ago :o)
    After that movie I wanted to ice skate, but lived deep in the South and NO snow...quite a problem for ice skating! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie for featuring me and commenting on my blog post.

    I know what you mean about the envelope dilemna. I too have no desire to make my own. I was lucky enough to discover my local stamp store sells individual envelopes in all different sizes. So I started picking up 10-20 of the larger sizes when I am there. I make my longer cards the right size to fit business size envelopes.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)