Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Festive Clock

Eek! I am so excited how this clock project turned out!

First color the Festive Frame, as shown in this post. Crop it so there is 1/4" border all around it.

I painted an unfinished wooden panel I got at Hobby Lobby (regularly 99 cents on sale for 30% off) using a foam brush and 2 coats of cranberry colored craft paint (these Plaid paints are 50 cents to a dollar). I adhered the stamped frame with mono multi, this works great on wood, but you could also decoupage it on with Mod Podge, you'll just have extra drying time. Drill a 5/8" hole through the exact center of the plaque, and then assemble your clock kit as shown on the packaging. Here I have it displayed on a bookshelf, propped up with an inexpensive brass display stand (they have these by the checkout at Hobby Lobby also, they are perfect for photographing your cards, too!).

The clock kit ( 3/4" depth for the panel is $5.99 at Hobby Lobby (or 3.63 with their 40% off coupon!)) has a bracket on the back so you can hang it as well, below I have it on the wall. The oval on the frame could be oriented horizontally if you preferred and the clock would be just as easy to read, so consider the space where you want to put it. Fortunately, without numbers you can change your mind at any time (no pun intended!) and turn it if you wish, just reset the hands accordingly!

With these colors and my decor, this is something I could have out year round. I made it for less than 5 dollars, and it would be an attractive and functional home or office gift for family, friends, teachers, etc.

Hope you like this idea, have a great day!

16 comments:

  1. You are just incredibly talented and I so look forward to seeing what you come up with every day- I am never disappointed. The clock looks terrific and anyone would be only too pleased to get it as a gift.
    Many hugs,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW!!!! I LOVE it!!! I had another idea I thought you'd take. Hope I can do it before YOU... LOL You're to quick for me!! I Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely amazing! You are fantastic!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention that I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Melanie, this is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Christmas gift idea! This came out so elegant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHUT UP! I HAVE to make one! ohhhhhh why cant days be 100 hours long!!!! I need more time!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie, What a FANTASTICAL clock - such a clever way to use that stamp set! Love it!!! ~Michelle aka, http://michellesinkyfingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza Melanie! You have my home address, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melanie...this is a beyond fabulous project...just so beautiful! ;D Diana Q

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mel.. I can just imagine the gears in your head turning.. Your amazing with the multitude of variations you come up with. This is just gorgeous!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting to make a clock for a long time; this is a lovely way to decorate for the holidays, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great to me! One wouldn't think it was so easy to make or so economical. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful idea Melanie!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea...love the clock...clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This turned out great! That's a nice paint color. I've been wanting to make a clock out of a wood plaque that I've had on hand for a while now. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)