Thursday, March 25, 2010

Asian Mosaic

Hello! A new mosaic for you today, with an Asian feel, I knew I wanted to pair it with Asela's koi from "By Your Side" as soon as Gina peeked the set to the team! :) (I had this in mind a few weeks ago, even before Gina threw down the paper lantern inspired challenge LOL! I may just have to go post in anyway!) ;)

For this card I used both white AND ivory: ivory for the background to make my greeting and white lotus pop. I stamped the koi in Vivid Brick Red to match the Red Hot cardstock (mat is Black Onyx), isn't that sharp in red uncolored? I shaded the white cut out flower with aW-3 Warm Gray Copic, as simple as tracing along the undersides of the petals and drawing a quick stripes down the middles. I popped it up and added a white panel with "thinking of you", also from "Inspiration Mosaic", adding a row of squares below from that same set inked up with markers.

I LOVE these two sets together!! :) (BTW, I have a little (big!) secret about the "Inspiration Mosaic" set, I will be sharing very SOON! Any guesses??)


PS As I've told you my husband has a koi pond in our backyard and I think this weekend he is going to be enlarging it, something he has been wanting to do for a long time but was waiting partly til the kids were older so we didn't have to worry as much about how deep it was. (If we are still here after 20 years, and he gets his way, the pond will replace the yard and there will be bridges to get around LOL!) I will have to take some before and after pics for you! ;)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Great card, Melanie! I love the Asian style and the clean lines! The koi and the white flower look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mosaic is my mind is the best of all your creations....I always look forward to the next spin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Is your stamp set being featured in a magazine? I bet it is!! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful - I love the simplicity and it's also got grace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! So unique. I love the koi fish and the colors that you used. Absolutly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)