Sunday, March 28, 2010

Beautiful Butterflies (Embrace the White, or Bring the Bling!)

Today's card just focuses on the butterfly and a greeting from "A Beautiful Life"; I really liked the rainbow of colors against the white in this sample, so I used that for my inspiration, plus a LOT of white space in this new CAS layout, adds a lot of drama, no?
The Black Onyx and white panels are popped up onto the Pure Luxury White base. I used a piercing template as a guide for the little dotted row I made on either side with a pen.

For the butterflies I used YG11 and YG 23 for the green, Y38, YR07, and R46 for the red, BG01 and B05 for the blue, and W-3 for the shadow. I couldn't find my Clear Stardust pen, so instead I used my Sakura Galaxy Gel pen set and traced the details with the matching pen colors, gold, red and sky. Isn't that pretty?

Now here is my "souped up" version!! I added this crystal flourish from Hobby Lobby plus one more yellow butterfly I cut out and popped up. I am quickly getting addicted to these crystals!! They come on a clear plastic sheet so you can see how the flourish will fall on your layout, then you just trim out the part you want. (I think I need to go bug Gina to start carrying these!) :) I especially like how this extends off the edge of the black mat over the base, gives it a lot of energy, like this breeze just tumbled in! Lovin how how all the big dots echo the butterfly bodies and little dots go with the dotted detial and their antennae!!
Which version do you like better?? ;) Both are actually pretty quick cards!

Now I made something later to go with this, but don't have it photographed yet, I will be sure to share it later this week! :) (BTW, in case you are wondering I have not abandoned my DIY "photo tent" (hee!) just took these pics before the last post!) ;)

Have a beautiful Sunday!

10 comments:

  1. Love both of these CAS cards, Melanie! The colors of the butterflies are so vibrant against the white! But I think I am partial to the one with the crystal flourish - it really sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie - both of these cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are really beautiful, but the second one is breathtakingly beautiful. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are gorgeous! Love the CAS simple look and the jazzed-up version. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first one is pretty - but the second one is WOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of them are gorgeous.....I love the bright colors....

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice - you are amazing with those copics!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are gorgeous! But I do love that flourish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful and stunning CAS cards. I love how all the white space makes the butterflies pop. And the black crystal flourish is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the first card. It is so simple yet elegant and I love butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)