I began stamping one of Nina's Lovely Labels in pink and then die cutting with the coordinating Labels Eight. After lots of hemming and hawing I decided to use the largest of these set of dies to cut my base, just somethin' different! I cut a reverse mask so I could stamp the stems in the labels, and then popped up the tulip heads. My favorite things about this card are the two different borders: one made out of pastel buttons to match the flowers (attached with glue dots), instead of the more often used ribbon, and the grassy border made with two of the different bold leaves from the the Pressed Flowers set. TIP: Place a sheet of scratch paper along the bottom of the card, stamp the leaves across and remove to get the straight masked edge.
Here you can see a closeup of how I added just a bit of darker pink to the tulips, I was also really pleased with how adding the light pink over the yellow blended so nicely with a marker before stamping. You can also see I did not mask the leaves when masking the grassy strip, I like the overlapping with the greenery.
Thank you for visiting! Try something new this week, whether that is learning a new technique or taking a stamping challenge, try out a recipe or sign up for class, and feel yourself growing! :)
PS I am pretty bummed with how dark these photos are looking at them in the post now, wish I'd retaken them. I assure you I made it from Bright White Pure Luxury!