Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Card Positioning Systems Sponsor

Hello! This week several of the Gina K Illustrators are sponsoring the latest Card Positioning Systems Sketch! I donated the "Pressed Flowers" stamp set, so I used it in my sample for their sketch.
I inked up the tulips with markers and stamped them onto Pure Luxury White, cut them out, then popped them up over this houndstooth Lovely Label. I used greetings from my new "A Beautiful Life" set, inking them in red then balck on the bottom to create the two tones. For fun I decided to make the classic houndstooth a little funkier by adding some red to the pattern. Mats are Black Onyx and Red Hot. Thanks for looking! :)

Hope you will go check out the CPS sketch 159 and all the samples made by their team. Submit your own creation using the sketch in their Mr. Linky on the CPS blog and possibly win a Gina K Designs set from one of our illustrators! I hope you'll join the fun!

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Mel!! I do lots of red, white and black too. My mom and dad love those colors. LOVE your added color to the label!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Melanie! Love the red/black/white, makes a very dramatic card...cool way you did the sentiment too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful card Melanie! Great colors and love your addition of the red to the houndstooth pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Melanie! Love the red, black and white combo and the pop of red in the houndstooth label!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, Melanie! Love the red, black, and white and really love the tulips!!!Would love to win a stamp set from you.

    sfread171@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the black, red & white contrast - so refreshing and clean! Nice sketch too..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is so nice! I just love those frame stamps and the colors you used are wonderful! Love your take on the CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous! The colors are so "right" with the hounds tooth pattern. The red tulips are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty. love the pop of red throughout the label!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! The houndstooth is fab! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Melanie love your flower...

    Would you mind to see my blog too?I am joining the CPS challenge too...many thanks before...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is really pretty! LOVE the colours you've used too! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)