Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Natural Beauty

Another scrap card today! (I wasn't kidding there were lots of scraps to work with!!) Keep the scrappy samples coming in the linky in the post below, I am enjoying your creations and stories! :)
I had a Kraft base left over from working on the release and this quarter sheet of neutral DP from the StampTV "Spring Mix" kit (these white silhouettes are one of my favorite prints in the kit!) I thought these would be the perfect for starter for a very earthy and natural "A Beautiful Life" card, with white tulips* to match. I stamped the frame directly on the DP, colored in the borders and leaves, then popped up some tulips stamped on White Pure Luxury, just shaded with a touch of W-3 Copic, it is a lovely match with these other sandy shades...

I also had a black mat that was already cut a wee to short to completely frame up my DP...but that's okay! You can pretend these offset panels sometimes are just part of your cool sketch! ;) I had just a little white scrap left over so I cut out a petite oval for greeting (this one from "Arranged with Love" , and added a few more black accents with a fancy corner punch and fancy tag die cut behind. The frame is really fun to layer different shapes and tags to change the look, just have fun with it! I am completely out of adhesive pearls, so I improvised by putting a 1/4" circle punch of white CS behind a dewdrop, turned out really pretty!!

Have a gorgeous day, thanks so much for visiting! :) Coming up, an altered item and a guest spot with Carla!


* There is no flower that fits more occasions than the white tulip. (so says ProFlowers!)

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Melanie! I love the natural colors - so elegant! And the black accents really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just gorgeous with that background DP!! I love that paper and I hope we can buy it soon! Your tulips are just beautiful in white!! I'll be doing my "scrap card" tonight! Can't wait to see what I left on my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The white tulips are stunning. So used to adding color to flowers - this is a good reminder, yet again (You're good at these kinds of reminders!) to think outside our comfortable creativity boxes every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classy and elegant! Very beautiful card. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card...very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scrap cards provide such an interesting mix never before thought workable. What an opportunity!
    Thanks for the rainy day suggestion.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card. That DP was perfect and you accented just right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous.....I love it.. I wish I had scraps like yours.......beautiful....

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)