Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 3: Hugs and Prayers and Seeds of Kindness

Day 3 of the peeks and it's almost time to party!! Today we start off with Nina Brackett's "Hugs and Prayers", a set with both bold and line art images like two steps or separates to suit your stamping fancy plus beautiful scriptures. I started with this lovely bunch of flowers, delaicate but with a modern feel on a Labels Four die cut, colored with Copics, and layered onto a Labels Eight die cut from Grass Green. Sponging around the edges the flowers before removing the die gives them a wonderful glow.
Sentiment is stamped on Wild Dandelion and sponged with Vivid Brick Red, I layered these over Red Hot and Little Boy Blue, both Cuttlebugged with the Victoria folder. Ribbon was from a StampTV kit (and I'm crossing fingers this will be one of the new Pure Luxury Ribbon Wraps!) I added a red button over the knot with a glue dot. I am just lovin' these colors together!!

The next peek uses Gina's "Seeds of Kindness". This sweet flower pot is my favorite! I colored it with Copics and layered it onto Red Hot, Innocent Pink and Grass Green mats, totally diggin' these colors too! I used the Labels Nine this time and I really like how these dies look offset this way.

I also used the scalloped corner punch and this new Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Border Petite die, which was perfect for threading my ribbon through! More red buttons, I am counting the minutes to buy an assortment of the new button containers, how about you?? I was going to use some patterned paper behind all this, but in the end decided the plain Pure Luxury White really made the image pop! this is a beautiful set! :)


For even more samples with the stamp sets being previewed tonight, check out these designer's links:



We'd also like to invite you to attend our Release Party this Thursday, July 1st starting at 7 pm central on StampTV! There will be challenges, contest questions, and more samples from our designers on all the new stamp sets being released this month! We'd love to have you join in on the fun!

20 comments:

  1. Wow! I a;ways ;ove looking at your cards, Melanie. Everything you create is just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bright and cheerful these are Melanie! You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what beautiful colours!! I love all the colour combo & design of your cards - really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such vibrant, fun cards, Melanie! They are sure to brighten anyone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the bright colors, Mel! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards!!!! So vibrant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my my my MY!!!!!!! What amazing Poppies!!! So gorgeous!!! I love the all the Nestie shapes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous coloring of these flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors - I love the way you use color in your cards - very well done - you've got a good eye for color! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards, Melanie! Wonderful colors! Your coloring is fantastic on both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coloring on both cards is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards, Mel! Love all the bright colors you used and the various nesties.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH Mel, loving these color combos and designs! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your color combinations! Stunning cards... lots of pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So Pretty!!!! Love all the vibrant color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I just love both of these cards but the top one is my favorite! The colors just make me smile!! I agree with FibreJunky- everything you create is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love scripture verse stamps and the flowers on your first card are just plain wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Melanie, both of these cards are so pretty! The colors are so vibrant and striking on screen -I'll bet they are even more so in person!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)