Saturday, July 3, 2010

Button, button...

So how many new jars of Pure Luxury Buttons did YOU buy the other night? (I think I started with four...started! I believe I have red, orange, yellow, turquoise on the way! Soon to be followed by blue, pink, purple, green, masculine...)
Buttons are too beautiful and fun to hoard, they must be played with! Fun Year Round is the prefect backdrop for adding an assortment of buttons in contrasting colors and various sizes, and even adding one of its round greetings to a button with Stazon! Until my new buttons arrive (I'm crossing my fingers for Tuesday, we'll see!), I am working on using up my Basic Grey Cupcake mix here! After I adhered all the buttons with glue dots, I chose coordinating Copics to fill in the tiny spaces in between the circles, making the color bounce around, for instance putting red in corners opposite a red button, etc. This is a single layer card stamped on Pure Luxury White in Memento Black ink. This card just shouts happy!


I made this card for Theresa's "In the Round" challenge to use 9 more circles, be sure to play and upload your card this weekend to StampTV, you could win a free set of stamps! :)

8 comments:

  1. Too cute! And look at the new blog digs! Nice change up Melanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, the buttons are so neat! Love the bright and cheery impression your card gives! Hey -- I like your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sooo love thus, Mel. I can't wait to get mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, your card is cute. THe buttons really do add some pizzaz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! I love how you used all the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun Year Around is a must have link the Mosaic set. You have such a knack of versatility. Thank YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS...Love your card too!!! It's a really fun card!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)