Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Week 4 with Sharri! (the Incredible Shrinking Woman)

This week Sharri gets shrinking, with Polyshrink that is! Inspired by the possibilities with Fun Year Round and shrink plastic, Sharri has three simple projects today! Sharri describers in her own words below how to make all three!
For the card, I stamped the circles on the frame and was contemplating what to do with the centers when I remembered I had picked up some shrink paper at a stamp and scrapbook show last year. This shrink paper can be used in a inkjet printer so took a chance and stamped the circles on the shrink paper with Memento's inks, punch out the circles, shrank them in the oven and attached them to the card with score tape. I love how vibrant the colors turned out! The sentiment is from Gina's Punchy Words and was cut out with a Pinking Circle Nestibility.

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Fun Year Round, Punchy Words
Paper: White, Kraft, In the Navy Pure Luxury papers
Ink: Paris Dusk, Danube Blue, Summer Sky, Desert Sand
Other: Shrink Paper, Pinking Circle Nestibility

After seeing how well the memento ink worked on the shrink paper, I got the idea to make a key chain. I stamped the frame and circles on the shrink paper and let the ink dry. Because the shrink paper is white in color and you can faintly see through it until it shrinks I wanted both side to have the pattern so...After the ink was dried, I cut the frame out, flipped it over and stamped the frame and circles again on this side. After the ink dried on this side, I punched a hole toward the top center and shrank it in the oven. After it was cooled, I attached the key ring. I really like how it turned out and already have some more started. :o)
Key chain Supplies:
Stamps: Fun Year Round
Ink: Memento Dandelion, Rhubarb Stalk, Lady Bug, and Angel Pink
Other: Shrink Paper, Key Ring
The bookmark was very easy to make. I punched a flowers using two different sizes of the Marvy Flower punches, stamped the circles in the center of the smaller ones, attached a button and attached the flowers to the extra jumbo paperclip using score tape and foam pop dots.

Bookmark Supplies:
Stamps: Fun Year Round
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk and Rich Cocoa
Paper: DCWV Crafty Stack
Other: Buttons, Foam Pop Dots, Score Tape, Extra Jumbo Paperclip

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects by Sharri! She has done outstanding with your set and I forgot how cool Polyshrink was :o) Great designs Sharri, you did amazing with this stamp set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, cool! I love the paper clip bookmark, especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought some white Shrinky dink - so I'm ready ---- Love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Melanie, these projects with the shrinky images are soo cute...love the key ring! Wishing you a cool refreshing breeze :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)