Tuesday, July 27, 2010

CAS Butterfly


Here is a recent card I made for a Quick Cards call, it didn't get accepted but how I can be upset when it only took anbout 5 minutes to make? ;) I love this design though and will use it again when I am in a pinch for a card! Simply add a rhinestone flourish* to a Pure Luxury White card base, and add a cut and colored butterfly, traced with glitter pen, from "A Beautiful Life" with a pop dot. Use markers to ink up the greeting, giving it a two toned effect.


*I get these at Hobby Loby when they are on sale, they are a little more pricey of an embellishment but add so much "WOW", and look at all the money it saved me here on cardstock layers and DP! LOL!

11 comments:

  1. Great idea. It's quick and simple, but very elegant. And all that bling is sure to make someone feel special. I am loving the intricate border punches, so I might try one more layer of color underneath and add a lacy border to the white...I'll let you know how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and beautiful! Not only a CAS card...but a CASE card as well!! (grin) ;D Diana Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this CAS card, Mel. We all need a break from the layers every once in awhile. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous! I love the simplicity and yet boldness of this design. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous CAS card, Melanie! I love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! Gorgeous card, Melanie. I'll have to check out those flourishes at Hobby Lobby. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the gradient colored sentiment as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look, clean and simple and QUICK!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, Melanie! I too, have been grabbing these flourishes when on sale at Michaels...talk about quick - and beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love flourishes and this card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A little bling and a pop of color and wow! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)