Saturday, July 17, 2010

Single Layer Mahalo

This card literally took about 5 minutes! I wanted to create a scene with no layering so I stamped the frame from "Fun Year Round" onto Pure Luxury Base Weight White and then stamped in Theresa's palm tree, island and greeting from "Aloha". See how the circles help with placement, as well as spotlighting and grounding the images? I also added the little sea gulls from my "Gifts from the Sea". Last I placed a reverse mask of the frame over it (stamp frame onto scratch paper, cut out the inside and save the window) to do my sponging with the tan, pink and orange and colored the tree in with Copics. (The sponging could have been better I admit, but I was in such a hurry that day! Hope you can relate LOL!) I like the post card feel of this card without any DP or layers of colored card stock...has a "wish you were here" vacation vibe :)

Have a terrific weekend, I have to crank out some serious projects for this next week, some hops and a special somethin somethin for Splitcoast, stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card! So cool to use the circle for spotlighting the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! The circles make me think of bubbles - so now I have the song "Tiny Bubbles" floating through my mind. lol Thanks - I think! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Melanie! I'm thinking bubbles too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A shaker circle is so fun! Love this simple yet striking card!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)