Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Stained Glass Hummingbird

Hello! I've been meaning to ink up this hummingbird from "Hugs and Prayers" , and all I see when I look at it is stained glass so I wanted to create a little round window so to speak by tracing a Circle Nestability I placed over the stamped image on white and tracing with a black pen to frame it up. TIP: Find a size die that just fits your image allowing it to touch on three or more sides or places like it is connected to the panes. Using the Nestability allows you to see inside the die for positioning the image the way you want.
I colored it with Copics, but didn't go for a smooth Copic look this time, instead mottling the colors by using two or more shades in dabs and removing color with the blender to give it a spotty swirly look like colored glass. Then I covered the whole die cut with Versamark and embossed with white Iridescent Ice EP. Love the sparkly and texture that created, looks like the real thing, wish you could see it in real life as a completely glitter colored image is so hard to photographed but still show all the colors! I stamped some of the flowers from the set on the Innocent Pink mat and sponged the sides with coral ink after coloring the flowers. Other card stock is Pure Luxury Ocean Mist and Black Onyx. Flourish punches in Grass Green and a sateen Copic colored flower and a rhinestone finish the card.

To be completely honest, I made this before Brenda posted her Inspire Stained Glass Challenge, but it fits so perfectly I will be tagging it in the gallery LOL!

Have a great day! Blog hop coming up tomorrow night! :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow! This is awesome, and such a neat effect. Thanks for the technique. gonna have to remember this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indescribably gorgeous!!! Beautiful hummer!! Love it SO much! Great job, Melanie! Hummers are my favorite bird and I collect hummingbird stamps, too -- perhaps someday I will be able to add "Hugs and Prayers" to my collection and work with it -- lovely set it is, too! Thank you for sharing! ~Amy S.~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Melanie. This is a gorgeous card. You did a fantastic job creating that look. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, is the best thing I can think of, it just leaves you breathless, it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful - I am putting that on my list to try! Hey - maybe you will win a free stamp set from GinaK! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely beautiful! I have to see if my peacock is close to a circle fit...ideas are swirling...

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)