Thursday, July 22, 2010

StampTV Technique Challenge Hop!

Welcome to our Gina K Designs Stamp TV Technique Hop! Tonight our team is sharing samples that use techniques showcased on StampTV, it's pretty amazing when you see just how many videos Gina has loaded to STV in a little over a year, so much to learn and do! I decided to try a Christmas shaker card with my new "Fun Year Round", and this time I embossed the frame in silver, I just love this look, so sharp and festive for the holidays! Shaker cards are always so fun, I especially love to make round cut out for them, so this frame totallyfills that bill! (Putting them in multiple places on this card would have been super fun but I was almost out of pop dots LOL!)

Cardstock is Red Hot, White, and Silver Lining, ink is Versamark and Vivid Brick Red. I filled the inside off the shaker window with microbeads to go with the snowflake theme and embellished the centers of the snowflakes with rhinestones, some colored with a red Copic. The stamped snowflake inside the shaker has a rhinestone on the outside of the clear plastic window instead of on the inside, kind of fun floating like that!

In the following videos, Gina shows you step by step the techniques for creating this card!


and these two are also helpful if you've never done a reverse cut or inked up a background stamp:



For more projects from the other designers participating in the hop tonight, please check out these links:

8 comments:

  1. Oh woweee!!!! Absolute FABulousness with the mini shaker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, Melanie! Love the mini-shaker and all the other techniques you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shaker cards, Mel...I love making them and I love giving them. This is fantastic using your Fun Year Round set. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Mel! Love those shaker cards too, I just hate making them though for some reason! LOL!! This one is so very cool with the little mini shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww... such a neat shaker card! This encourages me to try one!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)