Sunday, July 18, 2010

Throwing You a Curve

Hello! Just playing with some of my new goodies I bought from the last Gina K Designs release: buttons, ribbon, Spellbinders Scalloped border petite die and the Seeing Spots folder!
To make the stems I curved the line in the Fun Year Round set, it is so long it's really flexible to bend and shape it as you see fit! Then I stamped the little bubble bursts and punched them out, centering the Marvy Flower punches over the images, and added a button to each center with a glue dot. I made the little leaves from trimming off a petal punched from green toward the middle in a "v" then popped them up! I am SO glad I threw this ribbon in my cart, I could have thrown several more colors on this card and t would have matched them all! Probably will have to go back and buy all the other stripey colors... :)
I used this greeting a little differently this time, just inking up one of the "thank yous" from the round greeting in the set and stamping it so it curves around the punched flower, this tiny sentiment in an unexpected spot makes it extra playful.
Cardstock is Pure Luxury Turquoise Sea, Sweet Mango, Grass Green and Lemon Drop. I selected these colors because of a recent color challenge on StampTV, but then just had to throw the yellow in at the last minute!

Hope your week starts out great!

4 comments:

  1. Keep bringing the hints! Your creativity is just so unending! Tomorrow I will order your new set. This card is SOOO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this card and your idea, Melanie. I bought your set and I LOVE it. I've played with it all weekend and will be posting some of my cards in the gallery at StampTV soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea with the sentiment. Love the card. Clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)