Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Week 3 with Sharri Seffens

When I first opened Sharri's sample for the week, I was so taken at first with how CaYUTE the little "Fun Year Round" elements look in these pinking circle Nestabilities die cuts (Sharri, I think you just sold me a set of dies!) I didn't even realize I was staring at a gorgeous tiered cake made from these DP layers! Just two rectangles in the sketch plus a few embellishments and you are ready to celebrate! This is a design I want to CASE again and again in different patterns and colors! Simple and simply brilliant!
The greeting is from "Candles on Your Cake", she says this is for a baby birthday; I get that from the sweet pastels (love this two tone look with these images in these colors) but I think these fun and elegant prints would make it perfect for a lady of any age! (Look closely and the blue pattern on the bottom layer with the green and blue concentric spots and dots I bet was the inspiration for these little stamped die cuts she created!) The tilted banner gives it a lot of energy and the sponging around the die cuts give each a soft glow.

Here is the card recipe, straight from Sharri:



This is a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" card. I used the pattern papers from Basic Grey's Lilykate to make the shape of a tiered cake and decorated with the fun circle and flower shapes.

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Fun Year Round, Candles on Your Cake
Ink: Memento - Dandelion, Pear Tart, Summer Sky
Paper: Gina K - Green Apple, Little Boy Blue, White
Other: Spellbinder's Pinking Circles & Scrap Mart Custom Dies, Ribbon, Pearls

Now let's go see Sharri's next project!

3 comments:

  1. Sharri has created a beautiful card. Love the circles and the color palette on this...so pretty :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sharri! Just perfectly soft for a baby birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card - love the detail, designs and colors - they all go together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)