Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 4: Lean on Me and You are Not Alone

Hello, thank you for joining us for our final day of Gina K Designs sneak peeks! Today we have two sets from Gina K, a card kit set and Free with Three. The first is "Lean on Me", an elemental flower set with clean and simple lines and sentiments. I love the "Lean on me" sentiment, so I chose to stamp the smaller flower leaning into the other, one of the stems has a perfect little curve at the top to do this. Ink up the images with your waterbased markers and thump a darker color over the bottoms of the flower before stamping.
I loved the lines of these tall graceful flowers so I framed them in a tall panel and kept the card free of prints, just gorgeous solid Pure Luxury (White, Black Onyx, Red Hot, and Fresh Asparagus) to make these colors really pop. I stamped just a few of the leaves tone on tone to the green layer.

Next we have the Free with Three set (which means this set is FREE when you buy three other sets!) "You are Not Alone" , heartfelt sentiments that we all need for our cards, plus bold nature images each framed in an open circle. They have a really serene, Asian feel to me so I went for another clean layout. This is a 5 1/2" square card made from Pure Luxury Ocean Mist.
Start with a piece of Pure Luxury White cardstock measuring 4" square, then cut in half, and half again so you have four 2" squares. The circled flowers fit perfectly on these. Stamp in four colors and stamp our greeting in the darkest color over the lightest colored image. Adhere these onto a 4 1/4"square panel (Chocolate Brown) and use your Scor-Buddy to add scores at 1/2" on each side to add more detail and frame up your stamped mat. Last I added a clear taupe button in the middle tied with jute twine for texture and shine, placed in the middle it also unifies the four elements and echoes the round images.

For more samples with the stamp sets being previewed tonight, please check out these participating designer's links:



You are invited to join us for our Release party tomorrow night, August 26 from 7-10 central time for contest questions, challenges, and chatter along with tons more samples! The party leads up to the new products featured this week on our blogs being available for purchase online through GinaK Designs at 10 pm. See you there for all the fun! It's almost time to party!

20 comments:

  1. I love the cards and both stamp sets are great ones to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards - wonderful - I really love "lean on me". Very simple, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like another great release!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas with the leaning and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards!! I have to get the stamp sets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work you did. Thanks for sharing and God Bless.

    Diana
    b4ustamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo I love the two-toned flower!! And the multi colored square design.....oh I'm soooo CASEing that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, Melanie! I love the colors and layouts on both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous designs Mel! I really lvoe the blue on, neat idea with the 4 squares!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh, so pretty! I love that first one and the second is so simple and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - I love these! The designs are wonderful and I really like the flower coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are absolutely beautiful, Melanie!! See you at the party tonight! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melanie, tried to find out from Gina K Designs, but Jessica who answered my e mail did not know the answer. How big is the pontsetis in year of flowers?
    Thanks
    MaryAnn
    granmaknit@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)