Monday, August 23, 2010

Sneak Peek Day 2: Farm Life, Boo, and Faithful Florals

Welcome back, thank you for hopping through Day 2 of our sneak peeks this month! Lots to share today, first up is the newest set from Theresa Momber, "Farm Life". Drawn in her signature vintage style, you will love these charming pastoral images. I started with this beautiful barn, which is stamped on Pure Luxury White, colored with Copics (Cardinal, Coral, Strong Red, Moss, C3), and sponged with Antique Linen Distressing Ink.
I chose a very fancy label for this stately image (Labels Four) to die cut my image and then used my Scor-Buddy to score lines every half inch on the Lipstick Red CS to make the planks of a barn. I swiped a Cream White pad over the paper to tone down the brightness of the red as well add a few more lines and give it a worn look. The little photo turns add the hardware to create the illusion of the door. Card base is Pure Luxury Ivory and Stitched ribbon. Greeting is part of a sentiment from Tami's set, which you'll see in a moment! I almost added more to this card, but restrained myself, thought the simple life depicted here should be presented somewhat simply. :)

Next up we have Asela Hopkins "Boo!" I don't think I noticed the scaredy cat up in the tree until Gina peeked it the other day LOL! I knew I wanted to use the little haunted house framed up in a circle, and she has this straight little row of BOO pennants like a banner, but when you cut the rubber out you can curve the image on your block so I stamped it this way under the die cut. I colored them with Copics and added a shadow to give it dimension, then sponged over the house with yellow and orange inks.
I stamped some of these fun swirly bats, added some gingham and made my own little pumpkin embellishment to finish the card, very easy to do! Locate a two hole button from orange assortment and draw on a nose and mouth with a black glaze pen (which I also used to draw the little loopy ties on the sides of the banner). The grooves and stem were done with Copics. Isn't he sweet? Card base is Vibrant Violet.

Finally we have Tami Mayberry's "Faithful Florals", a set with three flower silhouettes and sentiments and scripture. use the direct to stamp technique and color the rubber with markers to get the different colored blooms and stems before stamping. this first card is clean and simple, cardstock is White, Red Hot and Ivory.
Next I have a "kicked up" version. I turned the card, stamped "Faith" in black over the image, which really pops, and added some gingham to tie in the black. Last I added a red button.
( If it looks like I got a smudge on the inside of the card, that is actually more of the flowers peeking out that I stamped inside, hee!) Totally loving these colors today!

For more samples with the stamp sets being previewed tonight, please check out these participating designer's links:


  • Miesje - *our CenterStage Guest Designer!*


You are invited to join us for our Release party this Thursday night, August 26 from 7-10 central time for contest questions, challenges, and chatter along with tons more samples! The party leads up to the new products featured this week on our blogs being available for purchase online through GinaK Designs at 10 pm. We hope you'll make plans now to be able to join us in all the fun!
See you back here for day 3, thanks for visiting my blog today! I hope you enjoyed these projects, such wonderful sets to work with!

29 comments:

  1. Great cards Melanie--all of them are so elegant and lovely! The last one is my fave though, great colors and just beautifully done!


    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each one is stunning! Love how you made the red cardstock look like the side of a barn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Melanie, those are just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Mel!!! I LOVE that barn scene and to put it on a Nestie is sooo cool!!!! Fabulous with the florals too...I love the gingham!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Toledo! Your first card with the barn is so beautiful! then I started to scroll down and see more delightful cards. the news sets look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, the Faith/flower card
    is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful cards Melanie! I can't even pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic cards! Your barn scene is absolutely wonderful! I love the scored barn gate or door!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the Floral stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all Beautiful Melanie!
    I ;ove the colors that you used and the images are wonderful!!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors are just wonderful, great job! I think the last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of these cards are fabulous! I can't wait to see the complete sets.....
    I especially appreciate your detailed "how to" for each card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome Melanie! Love the way you did the barn and Boo is fabulous! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Gorgeous cards! I love that farm image and what you did with it. And I really love the last card. Its just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, beautiful cards. I love the red and black colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terrific cards, Melanie! Fantastic coloring and layouts! Love the scene on the Nesties label!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your coloring with the copics looks like watercoloring on that barn! Which I LOVE! and love the designs on the next two, especially the sideways sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous work as always Miss Melanie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards. The barn is my favorite. Love the idea to score the red cardstock to make it look like a barn. tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the gingham ribbon and the button on that last card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards!!! My favorite is the first...Love you how colored the barn scene!

    ReplyDelete
  22. GORGEOUS! They are all absolutely beautiful. I really like the halloween card. That looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. They all look great! I especially love the farm scene!

    ReplyDelete
  24. great cards melanie!! love the fun colors on the halloween card!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, these are all gorgeous, Mel -- My jaw dropped on that barn!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh SUPERB...all of these creations are utterly FANTASTIC. Love the paneled red on your barn card...reminds me of a barn door.

    Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are stunning! I love how you made the red look like a barn door.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Each is amazing as the next, Melanie!! Such beautiful coloring too!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)