Monday, August 16, 2010

Wave your hands in the air

like you just don't care! Here's a cool pic of me and the boys Paul snapped turned around in his seat on Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom in Disneyworld.
My kids are such speed freaks, there is nothing they won't ride! Yup, my 5 year old rides the big coasters with no hands! (I keep mine up but poised near the grab bar for close calls) Yes, we are back home now and although I've missed you I am having a hard time getting back into blogging since I dug myself out from all our post vacation laundry! Ugh! Luckily, new rubber arrived today for our release next week so that should get the juices flowing!!
Here is a magical night of fireworks in front of the castle.... turned out like a post card!

And here we have two drummers drumming at Animal Kingdom the next day.



If you have never been to that park, that Tree of Life you see behind Jonathan is just spectacular, hundreds of animals sculpted into that magnificent, ginormous trunk!!

My little Vikings in "Norway" at Epcot (we never miss an opportunity to get a photo in a cool hat)...

Be afraid, be very afraid!!

The three of us at Hollywood Studios. I know my smile is totally crooked, I think I was talking but glad it turned out as well as it did, could have been worse! (You know, I wish Paul had told me to crouch down a little bit, it would have totally looked like I was wearing that big sorcerer's cap behind me! hee!)

Finally a pic of all of us together! This was taken inside the Sci-Fi Drive in Dinner theater, I totally recommend it if you go to Hollywood Studios, what a cute restaurant, wish we had one in Austin!
They show old monster movie clips, previews and drive in ads from the 50's and it felt like you were out under the stars in these convertibles even though it's indoors, the kids loved it!

And just a couple more pics of the kids clowning...
William was throwing the peace sign/ bunny ears up in almost every pic, where do they learn these things??

Jonathan thinks he's getting a hug here, little does he know!
We did DisneyQuest, the downtown area and Blizzard Beach too, but I don't have any pics from these places. (I may share some other favorite pics later, but right now I am just pooped, ran errands all day in 100 plus degree heat and I am fading fast!) Still, a good time was had by all, no one got lost, and we were very happy to return to our home in Austin by the end of the week! What more could you ask for?


Thank you so much for your prayers for the Jensen family, I will update you on Jess's condition as soon as I hear from Nancy again. She posted her snail addy and a heartbreakingly beautiful poem her sister-in-law wrote for Jess on her blog, well worth reading if you have a few minutes! (and passing along to others you know who might get great comfort from it) I DID find my phone moments before we needed to leave for the airport, literally (thank you for praying about that, too!) and it was so precious to receive your emails that you were lifting up prayers for that family each day while we were away! God bless!


More later!!! Cards soon, I promise!

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic family time! So glad you are back safe and sound and that you found your phone! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks like you had so much fun! I know we haven't talked in a LONG TIME but I still check your blog daily and get so much inspiration from it! Miss you lots!

    Patricia
    the PaperTemptress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing - love fun pictures and family outtings. Welcome home - I look forward to more posts - stamping and sharing of the vacation fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!!! You all looked like you were having some fabulous well deserved family time!!! LOL Emily does the bunny ears often too. Don't know but they DO love doing that! Hee Hee Welcome home!!! Missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boys are cute, cute, cute! Especially with the bunny ears! What a great family fun time. Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great family vacation. I definitely want to check-out that 'drive-in' dinner theater.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fantastic trip!!!! GREAT pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun! Love all the pics! Glad you found your phone in time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh...looks like so much fun!! Thanks for sharing your great pics, Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun pictures, Mel...looks like everyone had a great time!!!! I'm so glad you had time to get away with your family!!! I'm really anxious to see all the new rubber projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like ya'll had an AWESOME time! Glad there were no stomach bugs this time! Let's do coffee/dinner sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)