Friday, July 1, 2011

"The Vine"


Happy Friday! I hope you have some fun plans for the holiday weekend! My older son Jonathan turns 9 today, so the celebration is in full swing! I wanted to post a card I shared at the party using "The Vine", now available for purchase at Gina K Designs! Cardstock is Pure Luxury Blue Raspberry, Black Onyx and White. I stamped the vine onto Basic Grey Curio DP (these vines and leaves are just such a glorious and easy way to dress up your favorite patterned papers!), colored it in with green and then popped up some stamped morning glories on white colored in with Copics B24 and B05. Greeting is stamped on a Fancy Tags Two die cut stamped and sponged with Peeled Paint and Antique Linen Distressing inks. "Blessings" is from "Say it with Flowers".

Tip: If you want the centered of these flowers colored ink the whole stamp in the color of your choice, but if you want the inside to fglow "white" the way morning glories do, ink up the outer details of the flower only, leaving the inside uncolored, and stamp. Then fill in the outer parts of the petals with color, brushing the tip of the marker towards the center.

More later, I gotta go bake a cake! (By request, Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Cake, have you had?? mmmmmmm!)

4 comments:

  1. Stunning card! Enjoy your cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your son has a super day.
    I would love a copy of that recipe.
    Sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this color palette!

    mmmmm cake sounds yummy! have a great weekend and so fun having a 9 yr old birthday party (-:
    hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning in all these blues.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)