Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Goldenrods in a Jar


Good morning! Hope you had a great weekend! I have so many photos to upload of our latest adventures the last several weeks: flowers, missions and rock climbing , ooh my!! Still haven't transferred them yet, so today I'll share a card I made at 3 am (yes, you read that right, couldn't sleep!) because I am ready to start mixing up all my Stately Flowers images with by Buds and Vases containers (today, the jar) and Baskets! I am doing some reorganizing in my office now and actually couldn't find Stately Flowers 3, (gulp! sure it will turn up, they don't walk off) so I started with the goldenrod from Stately Flowers 2. This in the *tiny* one in the set. Stamp jar first, then stamp flower at angle and another one above. I didn't even mask! It looks like I did, but actually I just extended the stem of the one leaning to the right BELOW the left one with my green marker, didn't draw anything extra. This is a good way to make your stems fit your containers better if longer stems are desired . Color with the following Copics, light colors first then layer darker colors over.

Card uses Gina K Pure Luxury white, Black Onyx, and Kraft cardstock, jute and yellow button.

Next up, magnolia in a _______, what could it be?! Total "wow", I love how it came out! :)

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Melanie! The coloring is fabulous, love the transparency of your jar. The button and jute are the perfect finishing touch! Hmmmm.....could the magnolia be in a cup? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is SO pretty! Can't wait to see what you do w/ the magnolia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love magnolias! Can't wait to see either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty Melanie. Hope you don't mind if I copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so beautiful, Melanie. Thanks for giving the Copic numbers. I've been wondering how to color the Mason jar for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those golden rods and you colored them magnificiently. Also love the way you did the jar. I wish your stately flowers would come seperately in sets as I don't really want the state word images. But I might have to buy the whole set regardless as they are such wonderful flowers. I wonder if others feel the same way?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel, Love your beautiful card! I think it will be Magnolia floating in a bowl! Can't wait to see it! I have and love this stamp set. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the jar coloring! It looks fabulous~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blue jar and the way you added the goldenrods

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for your sweet comments, glad you like these stamps together and found the Copic notes useful! Looking forward to sharing the next Stately card, will also have an answer to Vera's inquiry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely Melanie...can't wait to see your Magnolia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Melanie! Beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous!! The Stately Flowers sets are my absolute favourites, Melanie! Your card is so pretty and thanks for giving the Copic colours you used. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely, as usual. What I have been intrigued with, since the set was released, is the goldenrod. That is nothing like what we call goldenrod around here. I am always interested in hearing what people from different parts of the country call the same flower!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)