Thursday, May 3, 2012

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Oh my goodness, pinch me!  I received a surprise email last night from my Bible study mentoring mom with a heads up that our local newspaper the Austin American Statesman would be running a story today on my book and cards in the Style section, eeek!  Se sent a link with with the online article about but I didn't even *notice* the visual on the left side last night (you can click on the pic in that link for enlarged version, thanks Alberto Martinez for that gorgeous shot!) so I wasn't really sure what to expect this morning.  After dropping the kids off at school today, I went to Starbucks to pick up a copy (or three for family and Gina!) but received a flood of email texts and phone calls before I even made it there with congrats, so I knew it must look pretty darned awesome!  (Goodness, a lot of people read the paper!)

So there it is, on the same page the big Tim Gunn Lucky Brand article was a couple weeks ago when I found out about the fashion show (no, Tim was not involved in my making the paper, hee!  Thank you, Kitty Crider for bringing my work to the attention of Courtney Sebesta!)

Wow, I just can't believe I was blessed enough to get this full color picture and story pointing people to my book on Amazon!  What a day! So excited I don't think I'll be able to work...nervous energy!!  (Some days I feel I am the luckiest person ever!)

Anyway, I just had to share my happy news with all of you! :)  On that note, I will be at the Violet Crown Festival with my cards and book this Saturday, May 5, 11AM-6PM:  please come by and say hello if you are in the area!  (Having said that, think I'll go sort my cards for the fest, gotta get something done if I can't stamp!) ;)

Have a terrific day!  May you receive a wonderful surprise of your own!

6 comments:

  1. What great news, Melanie. So proud for you.You will be a "Best Seller" before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! So happy for you! Hope all goes well at the festival this Saturday! God Bless You! Have a great day! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This recognition is well-deserved. Best wishes for much success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Melanie! The add looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)