Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Stacking Them Up (Making your Mark!)

Here is something I did the other day with my Copic markers, just adding a stroke of color to all sides of the lids of my new Gina K. ink pads so I can stack them from any direction on my shelf and still know exactly what color to reach for. This has saved so much time and makes putting pads away a snap.
Here is something I did the other day with my Copic markers, just adding a stroke of color to all sides of the lids of my new Gina K. ink pads so I can stack them from any direction on my shelf and still know exactly what color to reach for.  This has saved so much time and makes putting pads away a snap.  My shelves are deep enough that I found I can put more on them if I store the pads with the ends facing me instead of the fronts.  Pictured are the Copics I chose, but they need not be the exact shade as these or as the ink, just a close enough match that it makes sense to you which pad it is.  For me it was unnecessary to write the name; in a way, seeing just the colors is all the info I need to know which pad I want, same for my Copic Ciaos as they don't have a designation on the cap in my storage bucket, I just pull the color that is speaking to me!  I went ahead adid all my Memnto pads , too,and now my shelf has room for a ton of new (Gina K. Color Companion!) pads. :)

Hope this helps!


5 comments:

  1. For my ciao markers, I made tiny stickers with the numbers on them and stuck them to the top of the cap. I store them in copic clear containers straight up. Since the containers are made for the larger sketch markers they slide a little but I didn't want to separate them.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)