Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Gina K. Blog Hop, Day 1: Holiday Trees, Pallet Christmas, and Christmas Script

Hello, and welcome to our Holiday blog Hop!  We are so excited to here our ideas and art with you today, and thankful you are making time for it.  Please be sure to leave a comment on each blog letting us know you were here and what you enjoyed. This feedback not only helps us plan for future hops for you, but you might ALSO win a $50 gift certificate to Gina K. Designs!  One winner will be selected randomly from all the comments and announced on Gina's blog a few days after hops conclude. The more you comment the better your chances. Good luck!

You should be coming from Beth's blog.  The full link list can be found on Gina's blog.


Here is my intro video if you did not see it last night! Build a room in no time, dressed and ready to celebrate!


There is SOOOO much you can do with Pallet Christmas, can you see the potential?  Elemental sets like these are some of my favorite to use because I can make such different looking designs every single time and my imagination runs wild!  I mentioned using the stocking hanger elements in the video to hang instead of the tied string, well here they are!  I also wanted to show you this set in landscape orientation with the longer board from Perfect Pallets as the mantle. To hang these fuzzy knit stockings, I stamped the bold taper candle image upside down in black to make the metal hanger, then used the small wooden block base and a different shaped ornament for each topper above the stamped board from Perfect Pallets. I kept the coloring very simple to give it a farmhouse feel but made the one stocking pop with red marker.  That's the person's who has the most Christmas spirit and faith Santa will come, I believe! ;)


I had to show you something without the board from Perfect Pallets so you know it is a standalone set and a lot more than just home decor! I call it, "Little Cabins in the Woods". :)  For this one, I stamped out three cluster of trees and houses, then cut into three sections with my hobby knife.  After sponging the sky with GKD Powder Blue and Blue Denim and adding my greeting, adhere the sky at top with your tape runner and then layer up your foam squares on the remaining sections, adding an additional layer of foam each time till you get to the bottom for a really 3-D effect! Base is GKD Pure Luxury Christmas Pine.

For this one, I wanted to show you a clean and simple card that you can easily mass produce.  I used Whisper cardstock, stamped with GKD Red Velvet and Jet Black Amalgam. (I used the metal ornament hanger for this card, but I also have a string one in the set and love how this hanger makes it look like each little figure has a hole drilled through it, like the painted wooden ones we made when I was little. I'll show that in another video!) I colored in the ornaments with a white gel pen ( you could make them all different colors, but I thought the white on this subtle gray paper was so interesting and unexpected!and stenciled on some snow with GKD white pigment ink and the Snowfall stencil in the new Warm Winter Wishes Card Kit.
The ornaments can also be hung from the board or even as accents stamped onto the pallets like a sign to frame and embellish holiday greetings.

For this next card I used one of Emily's beautiful greetings from Christmas Script with the new Tall Birch background stamp! Stamp the background in Stormy Sky onto a Kraft base and then again on a white mat and cut a curvy hills with a hobby knife and pop up over the base with foam squares. I stenciled on some falling flakes with the Snow Fall stencil from the new Warm Winter Wishes Card Kit and GKD white pigment ink using a Life Changing Blending Brush.  I thought it would be fun to add some greenery from Pallet Christmas set to the branches in Grass Green and my bold flying bird also from that set in GKD Red Velvet!  These little accents coordinate really nicely in size and theme with this new tree background and add a lot of interest and color to the card. I think I'll hang some of my little ornaments on the next one... :)



My favorite card with Emily's set and one of my faves I made from this whole release will be shared TOMORROW because it also features LISA's new set! Come back, because I know you're gonna wanna make it!

Next up, I love how these geometric trees in Beth's Holiday Trees are both modern and retro depending on how you stamp them and the colors you use.  Two tone stamping really create a cool ombre effect on these bold trees, and the little bits give lots of decorating possibilities. I used Lovely Lavender and Plum Punch, Grass Green and Fresh Asparagus, and finally Dusty Rose and Red Velvet for my combos. Always ink the lighter color first before applying the darker ink to your image, then stamp. Cardstock is GKD Pure Luxury White and Plum Punch.

Thanks so much for visiting today! 
You can find all the new products I mentioned in the What's New category.  come back tomorrow for more inspiration!
Your next stop on the hop is Emily Loggans!

71 comments:

  1. Great stamp set, Melanie! Your cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I need your new set to go with my wood planks set...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards I am loving the possibilities of this set. I'm already visualizing a mantle scene to look like my parents house when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful stamp sets! all your samples are the best.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always inspiring to see how the designers pull the different stamp sets together to create beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card. Seeing you all put this stuff together is so inspiring! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your cards are beautiful. I love the Believe mantle one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards. I love your creations. Your new set is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new stamp set is gonna be so much fun to create with! Your cards are so unique & beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh that Christmas Pallet set pairs so nicely with the Perfect Pallets, which I LOVE!!! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card designs!! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful set. so many little nuggets in this one

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many good ideas. I really like the pallet look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!! What a great and different cards you made with these awesome new stamps. Thank you so much for sharing and I love what you showed in the video, to first stick a strip of colored cardstock on a other colour base card before your panel goes on top of it, awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your cards.....now second guessing myselt I should of ordered Perfect Pallets. Thank you so much for all the good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these cards! Pallet Christmas is a great addition to the Perfect Pallet set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great addition to the perfect pallets Stamp set! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What sweet cards. They are great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautifully done cards Melanie! I love the additional set to your planks stamp set. I can see this being used a lot at Christmas. And while I had hoped for the last Stately Flowers set, I'm very happy with the Pallet Christmas set.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE the trees and red bird card! I wouldn't have thought to add the greenery to the trees to make them tall pines instead of aspen-great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely awesome release!! Gorgeous cards and am loving the inspiration and creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Melanie I so just love love these stamps..
    Your cards are so beautiful...
    Cant wait to get it...
    The release was so much fun to watch..
    Thank you for your inspiration and your beautiful stamps..
    Love love love

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your new stamp set! It is so fun to think of all the things you can do with this set. Your geometric tree card is wonderful. The colors you chose are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Melanie
    Oh what beautiful cards. You sure do work with your hands head and heart. It is proven beyond doubt. I am bk marking your blog so that i can visit again and enjoy the inspiration you provide.Blessings to your home from mine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, love your cards! I SEE so many possibilities with your new set & a wreath builder stencil. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous Cards. Can't wait for my new sets to arrive!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love,love the new set. I really like the scene builder option. Eager for mine to arrive....it is already in the mail! Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love all your cards! That one stamp set does so much.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the way you stamped the pine trees and snow.

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful cards, lovely stamp set that you designed - great that they all work together so well
    thanks for sharing
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your stockings and little winter scene are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So many fun cards! I love the winter scene a lot :)

    ReplyDelete

  33. Great cards as always. Love how you did the snowing on the birch trees.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You always make beautiful and creative cards. I am confused as to what day of the hop that I am on DUHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful cards and wonderful stamp sets. Your work is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  36. So many wonderful elements in the Pallet Christmas set you designed. Love that you can create an endless array of scenes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am so excited about the pallet Christmas stamps! So many possibilities! Not just for Christmas either!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. How very, very cute! So many neat elements that can be used in a variety of ways, maybe even a wreath?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful cards! Love the stamp sets.
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your little cabin in the woods!...TR

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous cards. I love the Christmas Script sentiment. The font is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wonderful cards. Love the snow
    scene with the houses. The forest
    with the cardinal is wonderful.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  43. A wonderful assortment of cards. I love the way you made the stocking hangers using the candle stamp. Worked great. The first card with the mantle used so many different stamps from so many different sets.

    ReplyDelete
  44. stunning cards - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such lovely images in your new stamp set, so perfect to pair with the Perfect Pallet set! Amazing and festive cards.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Melanie :) Your stamp set is terrific! Lov'n ALL the possibilities!!! Thanks for designing such lovely craft materials for us AND inspiring me :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Very cute set of stamps. You could use them to make your own patterned paper too. My favorite is the forest on craft card with the little red bird. Just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Such pretty cards! Loving the new sets! The pallet sets are fabulous and it looks like so many possibilities with them!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love your new set! So versatile! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love how you shared the many ideas for your newest set. All so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a beautiful collection of cards....different looks....different techniques....I love them all :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  52. Seriously awesome sets...and Cards. I LOVE the Pallet Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi Melanie, your new set is amazing! So pretty and the samples you made are so "Melanie", creative and original. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love all of your beautiful cards! Your new set is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Your stamp sets are wonderful and the cards you shared are fantastic. Love the simple but elegantly rich Christmas feeling offered in these cards. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Your Pallet Christmas is such a wonderful scene building set. Love the birch trees card!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Especially liked the snowman and woman.

    ReplyDelete
  58. The trees and red bird card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  59. All are so pretty, but your Little Cabins in the Woods card is adorable. Such a fun release and great pallet additions!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Oh what great cards. Thanks for sharing the many different ways to use the stamp set! So many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  61. So glad I already have perfect pallets! Can't wait for the new set!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)