Friday, December 21, 2007

My first post!


I've been a little apprehensive about how to get started with my blog and haven't been stamping the past couple weeks, but I finally found time to sit down and try Splitcoast's sketch and color challenges I've been avoiding for no good reason. I plan to do them every week, and need to caught up on the old. I know I would be a much better card maker stretching myself this way, so no time like the present, that's one new year's resolution I'm making a week and half early, you heard it here, please hold me to it! (I like the idea of combining the two challenges to make sure it gets done...) This is for Sketch Challenge 155 and Color Challenge 145.

These colors are SO pretty together, I've been reaching for Garden Green more in the last 6 months than I had in 4 years now that I'm trying to find a substitute for Wild Wasabi(which I don't have)! The Stem Silhouettes and Papertrey's Spiral Bouquet work so well together, I think this is my new favorite "thank you" stamp! I tried to keep this card clean and simple, having a WWND? moment!*(What Would Nichole Do?)

* Now I don't *know* that this card is really something Nichole would do, just a guess, my version of what I think she thinks a card should be!




9 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting a blog Melanie. I am such an admirer of your work!

    Cannot wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous! Welcome to the blogging world - beware, it's addictive but I will be here to help you any time along the way, girlfriend! I'm so glad we got re-hooked up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Blogland - what a gorgeous card. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to this side! Can't wait to see all of your stuff. I'm a huge fan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so gorgeous, Melanie!!

    Congratulations on your new blog! I am a long-time fan of your work at SCS....and I'm so happy to see you posting your goodies again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melmel!! :) This is soo pretty! I definately want to get a chance to do this sketch challenge...just need the time! :) Glad you started blogging! Heard great things about ya from Donna ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on starting a blog! I'm so happy to find you through Donna! Your card is beautiful! Garden Green is a colour I don't often reach for but you've inspired me to pull some out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Melanie! You did it! The blog looks great and I look forward to daily checkins!
    Huge Hugs to you! Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)