Monday, March 16, 2009

If the shoe fits!

So I was totally inspired by Colleen today, with her ostrich dress up card, I hadn't pulled out my girl "Olivia" from "Jumping for Joy" in a long time! if you have this image, you've probably blinged her up before, I've made some little shoes and accessories for her too, but Colleen's card made me think, "you know, I wonder..." so I pulled out my "A Charmed Life" set...and this was not planned AT ALL but the shoes are a perfect fit LOL!!! Those spike heels make her legs look GOOD, no? Instead of trying to mask I just trimmed them out, cutting off the little jump ring part of the image, and I did NOT cut the space ins between the shoe and the heel out, if you stamp it on white and your background is white, no one will notice that part is not cut, the heel is just too delicate, don't want it falling off while she's on the run, do we? hee hee! The heart charm I stamped first and then drew in the little loop for a necklace, in that order you don't have to worry about stamping it exactly onto the chain.



This uses Donna's sketch for the week over at Stamp TV, have you been playing these?? The DP is from Emily's "Rich and Shabby" Digi pack, CS is Gina K Pure Luxury White and Black Onyx. I used my last two flowers from the "Floral Frenzy Kit" , stamped with the crackle pattern from the Bold Flowers which is also in the kit in Antique Linen distressing ink (used that to sponge around the ostrich mat as well) Sentiment is from "A Charmed Life", too. Image is colored with Copics.



I hope this card inspires you to look at the images you already have and see how the charms in this set can bring new life" and options to some of your favorite stamps!



Have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, pretty stamp image! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun image. I feel like this quirky bird when I have to run in heels...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY! Olivia is back in HIGH FASHION! stamping serendipity is what that is! I LOVE HER!! I'm going to have to make one too-for my friend IRL Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! How wonderful that the charms work with your other sets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel -
    That is just too darned cute! I love it, such a fun card. Another awesome job by you!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only YOU are talented and creative enough to put spiked heels on your Ostrich!!!! OMGosh I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card and I just love how all your sets lend themselves to combine so easily! Be on the look out for some happy mail this week! Hugs & Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh those shoes crack me up on your sweet little ostrich! What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great card and I love how you incorporated a former stamp. It is great to use older sets and to remember to include them when we get excited about new sets. Thanks for explaining what came from where and incorporating so much into this card.
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the cutest card! I didn't think she had heels on (originally). PERFECT FIT. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card, I love that ostrich, great image!! She is on my list of "must haves" - lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  12. I laughed outloud when I saw your osterich in high heels. What a great card. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)