Friday, March 27, 2009

Potluck Friday Challenge

I'm hosting Potluck Friday over at Stamp TV this week, and I enjoyed Sharri's challenge last week of incorporating something from the kitchen on the card so much, it got me thinking this week we should incorporate stamping with something that's not a stamp! (it need not be from the kitchen, although mine is) What do I mean? Find something with a cool texture or shape that you can ink...then stamp it on your paper! :) Some example are leaves, a rubber eraser, cork, sole of a shoe, etc and then see how these shapes and textures will compliment your Gina K Designs or other favorite rubber stamp images...
Here I tried to recreate those cool "cup splatter" stamps I've seen before which look so great on collage style cards or similar, using a real wine glass to compliment the wine glass image! I rolled the bottom of wine glass base onto my Cranberry Crisp ink pad, then spritzed it with a little water to blur it and stamped it onto some natural antique parchment paper from Paper Temptress. I love how it looks like a used placemat now, LOL! I painted in the wine with ink from the pad and my Niji waterbrush. I added a teensy bit of shading with a warm grey Copic and painted on a little white from my craft pad to the glass.

I hadn't had a chance to ink up this quote yet from "A Charmed Life", it really reminds of the days BK (Before Kids) when I would show up at my neighbor friend's place after work to moan about "my 8-5" over a glass of vino, there's just something about "whining" to your BFF over some wine! To go along with my little 'tude (that's "attitude" for short! snort!), I used "DIVA" and my tiara stamps (don't forget the rhinestone bling!), both from my "Little Tees" for my charm, LOVE how well these go with the quote LOL! Think thi would be a really fun "having one of those days??" kind of card! :) I ran my black marker along the edge of the mat and adhered it to my Gina K Pure Luxury White Base.

Hope you'll try this challenge, upload your creations to Stamp TV with the tag STVPF5, can't wait to see what you dig up! (Who knows, it just might become your favorite new stamp!) ;) For ore details on the Potluck Friday Challenge, click here!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE it Mel! You are just a genius! This is the way my placemat will look after about the 3rd glass...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW fun! Perfect for the image...hope you are well, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I could use some whine about now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to amaze me! You're beyond clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee Hee... looks like that Diva was a little "tipsy"! I just purchased paper that has those exact sort of "stains/marks" on it so, yes... I lOVE it!! But wait.. where are that Diva's lipstick stain on the glass?? You KNOW every Diva has on her lipstick!! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool Melanie, I love the parchment & the black outline around the edge! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genius, love your card and your "stains"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! You think of every thing, girl. I'm off to catch up on challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic. love those wine glass marks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I said it before; I'll say it again & again: You are just crazily brilliant! (I'm intoxicated by your creativity just glancing at this, hehehe. The colour of your wine rings. Breathtaking!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)