Tuesday, March 24, 2009

When Life Gives You Wine... Make Lemonade!

or limeade in this case LOL! I decided to incorporate a couple of my tip suggestions from my "A Charmed Life" tip sheet into one card so you have a visual, but I didn't realize at the time I wrote about making a little lime wedge garnish how easily you could actually make one from the wine glass stamp in the set!! (hey, notice the little sunglasses charm? It's from "Little Tees"!)

For this card I inked up just the liquid part of the glass and stamped onto yellow and green DP from the Black Market "Letters from Paradise" pack Gina K sells!

Then I made some scribble lines with a black pen starting at the center and radiating out to make the textured sections in the citrus half.

I went back in scratching in some white with my Inkssentials pen and tracing the circle around the top, this adds a bit of rind and pulp! Cut out and mount on the card with dimensionals. Isn't that cool how the distressed pattern on the paper gives instant shadowing and the texture of the paper is a bit like a peel? (adds "appeal?" snort!)

The little umbrella I made by accordion-folding part of the pack's cover (approx 3x 1.5') so I could get all three prints on it and pressing a piece of 1/4" Scor-Tape along the top edge across the back and front, squishing it together and then adhering to my toothpick! Isn't that fun? (I still enjoy an occasional umbrella in my drink, a la Steve Martin in "The Jerk") ;)

And see the top pic for finished card! I pieced the drink concoction in the glass with a swirly part of the Black Market pattern I liked, just makes it more whimsical. I used more papers from this pack for my mats, too: yellow for the top since it had such a sunny afternoon feel, and the fuchsia pattern pattern (and again, that gorgeous texture!), gives it the look of patterned oilcloth on a patio table at some seaside cafe. I ran a black marker alogn the edge of each mat to give it the finest balck border. Don't forget some Stardust Stickles on the glass rim for some "sugah"!

PS I didn't even realize as I was making it, but it does fit the Stamp TV Potluck Friday Challenge this week, hosted by Sharri, to use something from your kitchen! The toothpick, score!! This is such a great challenge Sharri threw down, get ready to be inspired when you see how crafty our members have gotten so far with their kitchen supplies, please play along, too, you could win some stamps!

I am SO ready to hit the beach!!! Hope your day is sunny!

14 comments:

  1. Ouuuuuu la LA! You just keep 'em coming! You could probably make real lemonade from a stamp with all of your creativity! Love how you got that gorgeous texture on the citrus. Amazing as always! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously creative, Melanie! I love how you made the fruit sections! And the DP is awesome!
    Thanks for sharing all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so creative love the fruit sections
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a card!!! The fruit looks so real and the umbrella is adorable. Love the use of the sunglass charm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super awesome girl!!!! your mind must never rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everybody else, your creative never ceases to me amaze me too! That little umbrella, the lemon and lime made from the stamp...just WOW Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are crazy-creative. You know that, right? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a creative card Melanie, this is amazing!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool Mel! I love your ability to squeek out multiple uses out of stamp sets. You make it easy for people to think outside the box!

    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow talk about thinking outside of the box! I never would have thought of that. You have such great ideas, thanks for sharing! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I said it before, I'll say it again...Melanie you are such a smart cookie! From creating great stamps to great tip sheets, and who else would have thought to make limes or lemons from the wine glass! amazing! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)