Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Silver Cup

To create a cup from the glass image in "A Charmed Life" that would be appropriate for wedding, anniversary, Easter or first communion card, ink up just the glass outline but not the liquid "oval" in the bowl and stamp onto a metallic opaque cardstock. Paper Temptress has a TON of gorgeous options! Then give it an ornate filigree pattern by stamping or heat embossing some images over it , here I used the lilies from Rupa's "Easter Blessings" set, and cut out. I took a C-3 Grey Copic and added shadows to the left side of the cup (away from the window) and shadowing the "inside" of the cup (that oval oat the top) with the gray Copic as well. It's very easy to blend the marker tone on tone (gray on silver) this way and the metallic paper just soaks it up. The stained glass window is also from "Easter Blessings", I selected different purple and pinks for the window for a soft monochromatic look. The cup is popped up. Don't forget to add a charm! ;) here I used the grapes (if you don't want the wine ring when creating a cup simply omit the ring when inking before stamping) :)

BTW, all Paper Temptress leather papers are 40% off during the month of April, and touch papers are 30% off (suede, velvet(one of my faves!), and plastic)! : O I know! Happy Shopping!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, Melanie,what a stunning effect you have created. I love the anchient look of the chalice. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niiiiceeee.... love the window as well! Thought you had company? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CARD, MELANIE!! LOVE THE CHALICE AND ESPECIALLY LOVE THE 'STAINED GLASS' WINDOW. YOU'VE DONE A BEAUTIFUL JOB

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)