Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Week 2 with Carla Suto: A Beautiful Easel!

Welcome to Week 2 with Carla Suto and "A Beautiful Life"! Today Carla made this beautiful easel card with the tulip frame, how simple and clever her design is here, propping up the front with a three-dimensional stamped butterfly and the punched picket fence! If you have never made an easel card, you must try, they are so fun!!

I had never seen these particular Basic Grey papers before, and I am just lovin' the patterns and colors! (I'll have to go put Ocean Mist and Little Boy Blue together to try to recreate this serene look.) instead of coloring the flowers and butterflies, she stamped them onto the solid colored, distressed Basic Grey papers from the same pack for a beautifully coordinated, shabby chic look! Here is today's card recipe:

Stamps: Gina K. Designs A Beautiful Life and A Year of Flowers
Paper: Sage, Baja, and White Cardstock, Basic Grey Stella Ruby Patterned Paper
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Copic Markers, Inkssentials White Gel Pen, Yellow Pearls, Martha Stewart Trellis Border Punch, Petite Oval Nestabiltities, Foam Tape

Let's go see what else Carla created! :)

6 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! I love this card! TFS Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty.....truly a masterpiece.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your illustration looks amazing. your color combo is so sweet and happy! Perfect card to brighten a dreary day, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this, Melanie! This is gorgeous, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie, I was at Books a Million last night and I saw your Arranged with love stamp set featured in the Card Maker magazine for May! Congratulations! I was excited for you! In the back of the magazine it shows a picture of your Inspiration Mosaic stamp set that will be in the next issue.
    Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not tried an easel card before - this is cool!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)