Friday, August 27, 2010

CSS Alumni Limited Supply Challenge Hop!


The CSS Alumni were sweet enough to let me join in the hop, thanks ladies!
This month's challenge was to create a card that contains only the following items and no others:

One Neutral color for your card base: White, Ivory, Black, Brown or Kraft (check)

Two different colors of card stock (check!)
One patterned paper (check!)
Three buttons (on flower centers, check!)
One color of ribbon (oops, does gingham count?! eek! it's just one ribbon, though!)
As little or as many images as you'd like (check!)


I inked over my flowers from "Wild at Heart" with a black marker, huffed then stamped them onto this Mariposa DP fron DCWV. I wasn't sure if the supplies were so limited that you couldn't use Nesties or punches, so I cropped my greetinginto a rectangle just to be safe! (Okay, now I'm wondering if my white and black count as colors?! hmmm...) This was my first time to try the gathered ribbon with Scor-tape, you like? It was fun to do!


Hope you are enjoying hopping! Please make you way over to Melissa Cash's blog!

27 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Melanie! I love the background DP and gingham ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Melanie!! I hope the ribbon counts because I used gingham too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how you used your new stamp on this!! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Melanie! Great job with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Melanie!! I love the flowers stamped on the patten paper and you did a great job on the ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie, your card is super D duper! I love the pink/black color combo and your ruffled ribbon treatment. I can't wait to get my Wild at Heart set. Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool it is having you join us on this hop, Mel. I just ordered this stamp set and I can't wait. Your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card & I luv the new stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that turned out great! Love that technique with your set. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for joining us and can't believe with you being sick and all, you created and sharing such a beautiful card! Love the ribbon treatment and the addition of the buttons on the flower is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous card! Love the colors and the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty card Melanie! Love the colors and the new stamp. Isn't the gathered ribbon fun to do? I've used the technique on several cards lately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, I just love the pink and black color combo and how you stamped your beautiful flowers onto the dp...absolutely gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful! The colors together with the ribbon are so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that! The paper is perfect, the ribbon is wonderful! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card - and love the way you used the ribbon. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card! Love, love love the ruffled black gingham ribbon with the pink! Totally awesome combination!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OOoo loving that ruffled ribbon, GOT to try that one! Such gorgeous colors, one of my fav combos too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous card! I love how you did your ribbon
    hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so striking, Melanie...and I love your ribbon treatment!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card, Melanie! I adore the pink and black, and that gathered gingham ribbon is too sweet in your overall design!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card. I love the pink and black.

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely colors together and I love the whole look of it! Wonderful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, love the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Melanie, I love what you have done with those flowers, definitely on my list to try with this set. That gingham ribbon is the perfect accent, really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the color and the ribbon..well done

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a beautiful card! I love that stamp. And the colors are tereffic! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)