Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sandwich Cookie Card Tutorial: 2 Ways

I'm going to be swamped with new release stuff (in a good way!) the next several days, so this will be my last cookie project for awhile, I think it's good one, I hope you agree! These big sandwich cookies are SO cute and so easy to make!! ( and fit in an A2 card)
"We go together" reads the top...

and opens sideways to reveal "like milk and cookies..." All images and greetings here are from the "Have A Cookie!" set :)
The card above uses the design you see on the right below. To make this one, take your largest scalloped circle Nestabilitie and lay it just a bit over the score of a folded 4 1/4" square card and run through your die cutter. Now you have two scalloped layers that are attached. Cut out smaller classic circles in brown and white, layering the white circle inside for your "cream filling" and emboss a texture on the smaller brown circle (here Cuttlebug Textile folder) and adhere to top of card.

The design on the left is a "twist off" just like you may (still!) do with your Oreos! (True Story(NSR): when I was little I was at my mom's friend house, and she told me I could help myself to the cookies while the two of them visited. Well! "Help myself" meant to open every Oreo in the brand new family size pack, eat the filling and put the cookies back in the bag!! Boy, did I get in trouble!! I was such a rascal!!!*) Here, create two separate Chocolate Chip scalloped circles, and do the same as you did in the the other design for the inside and out layers.

Once you've added your embossed top to the outside, and "cream" to the inside, hold them together and punch with your 1/16" circle through all the layers near the edge and insert your brad (Antique Brass) Now twist to reveal a greeting you've stamped inside!

As you can see I adhered two layered SU! punched ovals to both cookie tops with greetings from my set. Aren't these fun? (Don't they look almost as good as the real thing??) :) I plan to make these on occasion to throw in my son's lunch box as a surprise :) (maybe Dh's briefcase...? ! maybe send to that friend of my mom's?? "Remember me??" BWAHHH!!! ;)
Enjoy!!
*check me out at age 4, see that sly grin...? (I'm up to something!!)

23 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, you clever girl you! This cookie sandwich card looks truly good enough to eat!!! I love the embossed front--I swear it looks just like the real deal--super duper sweet, totally yummy and zero calories! I Luv U! :) Awesomely inspirin creation, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel you're hysterical. Loved the story and I so think you should mail her one...she'd probably laugh too. Very creative and love the little note in the lunchbox idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card ideas! I love that embossing on the cookie. They look just like cookies.
    What a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh! You never cease to amaze me! This is a fabulous idea and sooooo clever. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Melanie. Oreos are my favorite store bought cookie. It's funny that most people prefer the cream filling. I prefer the cookie. And definately prefer regular over double-stuff(way too much filling for me). LOL! Thanks for sharing the instructions. If I ever get Nesties, this will be the first thing I make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!! These are just too cute!!! I think I'll make up a bunch today to have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! I want a bite!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW- an OREO card. DH would tell you that Oreos are on the shopping list EVERY week- I have always loved them!

    You are SOOO creative! I will definitely be stealing THIS idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy I LOVE those Oreos cookie cards! So darn clever and awesome!! Really look like the real thing!!! You could even make them like little booklets with white pages inside, so that the "filling" is thicker. :-)
    Your story at your Mom's friend's house just cracked me up, you should definitely send her one of those! I'm sure she'd have a good laugh about that!

    Yum yum yummy cards! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  10. tooo cute and very clever. I just llove your blog it brings a smile to my face everytime I open it

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet and clever idea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, so I totally HAD to show my family these Oreos!!!! Totally ingenius........again!!! You know how to take these stamps to new levels all the time!!! You know I WILL be coming to Austin one of these days and I may steal your brain!!!! ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  13. This has to be the cutest thing I have ever seen. I can't even imagine how you came up with the idea - they look SO real. I must make some of these cards! Thanks for sharing the instructions for this super cute card. What a cute story your shared too. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOu are just too cool for words....this is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my goodness - this is just awesome! Looks so real. Love your story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so adorable!! I love the embossing! Looks just like an Oreo!! Makes me wanna lick the paper!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great ideas. Don't have the Circles but I do have squares to try for a scallop card that stays together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is TOO funny! I love that you ate all the insides and left the outsides. Funny!

    This card is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no! You sound like my brother! We had to stay with frineds of my dad's family and in the morning while my mom was dealing with the baby, my then 4-5yr old brother talked the couple into opening about ten boxes of cereal they had in storage "for their grandkids" until he made up his mind which one he wanted!
    I LOVE this cookie idea! Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well I thank you for this wonderful idea because I have been wondering what to make for a valentine's card! This is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMGoodness! I love this idea! I was noticing the design on the oreo the other day, but not long enough to have an 'aha' moment. They don't last long in my house either. We'd make a great pair, I prefer the chocolate part and not the creme. teehee! This card is incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)