Monday, March 2, 2009

Bold Flower Background

Starting off your week with a happy, simple card, just says (shouts!) "Hi!"

This bold set of stamps from the Floral Frenzy kit is so fun for making your own backgrounds with different size flowers, circles and centers! Today I used completely different colors from in the kit, although I did use the Back Onyx and Pure Luxury White CS(which are in the kit!). Inks are SU! Real Red and Old Olive, and Memento Tuxedo Black. I offset my focal point for a nice "rule of thirds" design and punched out the polka dot centers with my 1/2" circle punch to create some little buttons to pop up and center over the flowers n the right to accent the mat. like they're tacking it down. These 6 petal flowers "nest" so nicely toge her when you stamp a pattern of them in rows offsetting them (see the bottom?) A grid line blocks make placement easy! Placing your focal point flower(s) outside of the mat really makes it seem like it's growing! (I'm *told* punches! for all the folowers in this "Bold Flowers" set will be available this week in THE STORE(wink!) , so I'm kind of foaming at the mouth over that!!!)


Have a wonderful day! New release Gina K Designs sneak peeks in just one week!!!

Expect shorter posts the next couple days most likely, I'm having terrible back pain (since Wednesday, ugh!!) and can't sit for more than a minute or two (standing while I type this) you'll be okay without "the usual blah blah", right???????? (yes, I stamped this over a week ago!

12 comments:

  1. Adorable card!!! Love how the red just pops!

    Sorry to hear your back is hurting you...hope you you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. I was just playing with a stamp set that has that exact center flower stamp in it. I will give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun card love the colors
    hope your back is better soon
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Melanie! Such a pretty card! Hope your back is feeling better very soon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card! feel better soon... Dang! I had hoped that you had opened your blog post for good... Yesterday I could read and see it all in Greader but, today I am back to open it to read all of it....:0( It is worth the little bit of extra time....:0)))


    reflections:0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sorry to hear about your back trouble Mel, I went thru similar problems Jan/Feb. Hope it heals up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Melanie. After having had 2 back surgeries and very bad pain, I really feel with you. Let's hope & pray the pain eases and disappears quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card!

    Hope you get better soon, back pain is no fun I know. Take care of yourself first, we will always be here no matter how long or short the posts are kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card. Sorry to hear your back is giving you fits. Nothing ruins a good day like a backache! Hope you are soon back to par.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, what did you do to your back? Back pain is no fun! I am starting to have back pain due to the big belly!

    This card is cool. Love the bold color!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)