Monday, March 9, 2009

Colored Lilies and a little peek!

I'm baaaack, did you miss me? (Did you even notice I was gone? LOL!) I had to take a couple days off from blogging to stamp for our new release this Thursday, sneak peeks start tomorrow! But this DP is an EARLY peek of a new digital paper Gina K Designs is releasing this week, this time from... Emily Giovanni!! You are going to die when you see some of the other papers in this pack, they are awesome! (and have even more digital potential, can't wait to show you how I've been playing with them !!) I figured it was okay to share since Carolyn already revealed it in this week's Stamp TV Color Challenge !! ( so I'm playing the color challenge with it, too hee hee!) Oh, hey look at that, it also works for this past week's Technique Challenge from Gina: OMS and Pencils, (be sure to watch this video, I learned about turnign the the stump aa file to get a good point, love that tip!!) I used the Koh-i-Noors* on my lilies from "A Year of Flowers" to make thm look like Stargazers. The deep and light shades of pink and red in them are perfect with this striped paper, I just love the texture this paterned paper has, like cloth.

I had to do a little masking to get the flowers and leaves arranged this way, and then cut around the flowers so they'd hang off the mat's edge partly to give it interest but also to make the mat smaller so you could see more of that beautiful patterned paper. Base and ribbon is SU! regal Rose. (The little vase I drew myself, you like? )

I am SO excited about this release, is it Tuesday yet?? Check back tonight at midnight for the first sneak peek! (and mark you calendars for our Gina K release party this Thursday night, March 12th, 7 PM CST, in our Splitcoast forum!)

*I am very excited to report (although feel a little silly doing so) the Koh-i-Noors DO contain a RED pencil LOL! If you've looked at the product pic or have the pencils, it looks like there are three shades of pink but no red! And being the "red person" that I am, although I still love the pencils, always wondered about that glaring color omission! ;) Well, what do you know, when I sat down to color these, found one of those pinks IS red, the barrel of the pencil is just much pinker that the pencil's true color (If you already knew this, pat yourself on the back) :) I think I've had them for 9 months now and I just figured it out, so be sure to try ALL your supplies, you never know what you'll learn! :)


27 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! They look so real! You did a beautiful job masking & coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and coloring! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, as usual!!!!

    I so want that vase as a stamp!!!! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. And, great vase! I like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful lilies, Mel. Great coloring job on these. And perfect timing for spring coming up :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA, too funny about the red pencil. I do love how these pencils worked with the flowers..or should I say, how use utilized them to make such pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I can't wait for the sneak peeks to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Mel, I love the DP, can't wait to see more of it. I do not own colored pencils,gamsol or blending stumps but it have put them in my shopping cart for the new release. Your beautiful cards have inspired me to give it a try. Thanks Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto everything that everyone else said. The lilies really do look like stargazers.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did notice that you were gone and you were missed! But today's card more than makes up for your absence!!! I love Stargazer lilies and yours are beautiful! I only wish I could smell them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lilies are lovely, beautiful coloring as usual. The vase is beautiful. Easy for you but not for me, how about a vase stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I'm loving that vase!! In fact, I'm seriously hoping this is the epitome of a sneaky sneak peek and you actually have a vase/container accessory set coming out for A Year of Flowers. Tell me it is so:) Or that it could be in the near future????

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty, and probably the only way I could be near a Stargazer Lilly...LOL ! They are so full of pollen , it gets under my hard Contactlenses and gives me fits.When they came tomy Unit ( I'm a Retired RN) we always put them far away from the Main Desk. Your would never do that, they are BETTER than live !Great work as always mel...it was worth the wait.
    GramaCat

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the lilies on your card and the card looks great! Keep up the good work and welcome back - you were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the card. The stamp set A Year of Flowers is my favorite. Will be trying to do some lilies like yours tonight. Thanks for sharing your lovely card. Great job on the vase. Gladys

    ReplyDelete
  16. SHUT UP! You drew that vase? You are a rock star. Emily's papers are to die for! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo......I've been attempting some watercoloring......it's really fun but I still need practice!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Melanie your lilies are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so pretty! And it really looks like they are in that vase. I hope you are getting some rest and getting caught up on your errands. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WoW! This is GORGEOUS, AMAZING, and just plain BREATH TAKING. The colors are beautiful and the layout rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous!!! I love the colors. Thanks for the sneak peak and I can't wait to see what you have cooked up your sleve for the new sets!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your lilies are absolutely gorgeous, Melanie! And I can't believe you drew the vase - well, yes, of course I can believe it! Maybe we'll see a vase stamp in the future? The shading you achieved with the pencils is amazing! Thanks for the sneak peek of the DP, too! Can't wait to see what's in store this week!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your lilies are so pretty!! I love Stargazers, and yours are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful wreath! Soooo sweet...thanks for sharing.
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)