Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fun with Crazy Daisy Papers

Hello and welcome back! Just wanted to show you a couple fun ideas for the "Crazy Daisy" digital papers today, sorry it has taken me so long! Of course you can use the full sheets or quarter sheets for paper piecing or background mats, but here are a couple maybe not so obvious things you can do with the different colored papers, since they have the same patterns on each, to give you some new looks. I started cutting out the continuous flower border that run though the middle of the pattern at a diagonal. I wen corner to corner so I can use that larger triangular piece at top right.
Here I've glued it on OVER the version of this same print, see how it lines up just like you are paper piecing.
And here is a simple card with that mat, I love this two tone look! I added a button and little popped up circle punched sentiment (from Garden Silhouettes)
And finally I used that border I trimmed out (from the first pic) to go across a Pure Luxury Lemon Drop mat. Card also uses Pure Luxury Little Boy Blue for the greeting (to bring out the blue on the daisies centers) Black Onyx, and Red Hot.
Hope this inspires, have a beautiful day!

6 comments:

  1. I love your paper but haven't had the chance to play with them yet. I love your cards! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea Melanie!
    Still need to get my order in! guess i was hoping for a sale since my list is sooooo long! tehe!!

    Thank you for sharing and for designing something so pretty!

    Blessings and Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new paper and what you did with it! Thanks Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Melanie, now this is definitely "outside the box". I loooove your creativity. Talking about the timing of a tutorial, I just purchased my papers last night. Now to print your tutorial and get creating!!!!! Thanks, hugs, Sharon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Melanie! I like the two-tone, too. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you placed the flower border over the black edge in the second card. Thank you for sharing your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)