Saturday, May 21, 2011

"God's Cake"

Something else one of my wonderful mentoring moms sent me:

Sometimes we wonder,
‘What did I do to deserve this?' or
'Why did God have to do this to me?'
Here is a wonderful explanation!
A daughter is telling her Mother how everything
is going wrong, she's failing algebra, her boyfriend
broke up with her and her best friend is moving away.
Meanwhile, her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughter if she would like a snack, and the daughter says, 'Absolutely Mom, I love your cake.'
'Here, have some cooking oil,' her Mother offers.
‘Yuck’ says her daughter...
‘How about a couple raw eggs?' 'Gross, Mom!'
‘Would you like some flour then?
Or maybe baking soda?'
'Mom, those are all yucky!'
To which the mother replies:
'Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves.
But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake! ’God works the same way. Many times we wonder why He would let us go through such bad and difficult times. But God knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good! We just have to trust Him and, eventually, they will all make something wonderful!
God is crazy about you.
He sends you flowers every spring and
A sunrise every morning.
Whenever you want to talk, He will listen.
He can live anywhere in the universe,
And He chose your heart.
If you like this, send this on to the people you really care about.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are
here we might as well dance! (and bake!!)

10 comments:

  1. Melanie: I cannot tell you the situation or who is in it, but my heart has been seeing this as a terrible, almost hopeless thing in their lives. Thank you so much for posting this today. I will pass it on as a great encouragement to a loved one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story. Thank you Melanie. I also have someone who will benefit from this. Thanks so much for posting! Hope your weekend is going beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda from GeorgiaMay 21, 2011 at 9:19 PM

    Thanks for the post. It is so true -- so why do I easily forget Father's great love and provision. I appreciate the reminder of His grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I just read that to my daughter... she wanted to know if I was sending it to her. :-)

    She liked the "Invisible Mom" story as well and told me I MUST be invisible! Ha!

    Thanks, Mel. You always know just what we need. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful message! And so true! Thank you SO much for sharing! We see the nitty gritty of daily, exhausting life, and sometimes we need our mom or someone to say, you're going through this rough time now, but take a look at the big picture!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your post Melanie,we sometimes forget to thank God for what we do have.I always pray for the strength for me and my loved ones to get through. I will love to repost this on my facebook page.Thank you again for the great heart warming story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie,
    I've read this before and it still brings hope to my heart. I've been having a terrible few days missing my sweet girl. Her birthday is coming up and the day after is her 8-month angelversary. My middle son is graduating from high school this coming week and although I know she will be with us in spirit, it's still hard to go through something this wonderful while having a broken heart from missing my daughter so much.

    I think I'm going to repost this to facebook. I know that I'm not the only one who would benefit from it.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Melanie!
    What a wonderful way to explainthings,and such a wonderful lesson for all of us.

    Blessings for a wonderful week!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad that I read this. What a fabulous way to look at life! God is Good all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)