Friday, May 27, 2011

inspiration hop, Day 1: "Border Bling" and "Vogue Vases"


How about that release party last night?! It was so fun to mingle and chat with so many of you, thanks for coming out! Today starts our first day of inspiration hops with the design team for all the newest sets from Gina K designs! The first set is my new "Border Bling", made to fit and embellish several of my favorite label and shaped Nestabilities dies, as well as coordinate with "Bring the Bling", (already one of my best sellers!) Be sure to watch Gina's video using this new set with the Liquid Pearls if you missed it last night , if that doens't make you want them I don't know what will! And I say we bug her for all the remaining colors too LOL!)
Here is the sample I peeked yesterday, it uses paper from the new Stamp TV "Vintage Chic" kit, (these sets are really a match made in heaven with it's bling, and sentiments that match pretty much all of Gina's images, will be fun to mix them up!) this border is stamped in black on a Labels Four die cut and then enhanced with one of the smaller bling elements in the set (that are made to fit into corners of the borders, mats, etc) in gray.
Don't you love this quote? Any of you know who* said it? (hint: she is FABULOUS and I would have included it but didn't have room on the plate, we needed more bling MORE than her name LOL! No, it's not Gina, but that's a good guess, hee hee) I am head over heels with this font, too, it is very vintage and so sassy with the bling and for all your girlfriend cards!
Another thing I love about these borders is how they can fit quite a few more dies than meet the eye. Here you can see I have used border designed to fit a Label Fourteen die (the greeting is popped out, it is awesome to be able to remove these when you want to use them on your own or with a different quote or image, but still put it back in to be centered) and then a large scroll element to create a more intricate label to fill in this larger Labels Nine die cut, isn't that fun the way you can customize these to fit your purposes or make them fancier or simpler?And here is the Label Fourteen die cut with a sentiment die cut layered over the same die cut i showed above. I haven't even had time to make a card with it, it has been crazy with school finishing up! (But just had to share this idea, I couldn't wait!)
To go along with this star quote, I added some new bling shapes, so now in addition to the pearls, you've also got RHINESTONES and stars to play with! Hope you will spy some of them along our hop today, I will be using a few of them on samples in the following hop days, so stay tuned!
Next up, we have Theresa's "Vogue Vases" set, which has such a cool art deco or old Hollywood feel, a little bit of line art but also the great silhouettes Theresa is known for! Here I embossed one of her vases (the other is an exact line art match so you can use the other for paper piecing or line them up to use together to make one vase) in black, and then shaded the ferns by thumping two different green markers on them before stamping. If my cropping of the vase looks unusual here, I had a completely different idea in my mind, but accidentally lopped off the top of the fancy die cut label it was on, oops! Rather than scrap it, I just did a tight crop to remove the curvy edges of the label, and to "make it work", I had to come up with a new layout, one that I will admit is MUCH more interesting that my original plan! Incidentally, this is how most of my better layouts come about, trying to make the boo boos work! So don't be afraid of mistakes, embrace the opportunity! :)
I added her long border that can be used as a shelf OR just as a decorative element, that's gonna be a fun stamp! I sponged the edges of the Grass Green Pure Luxury with a deeper green ink and added some ribbon from the new StampTV kit. Still can't get enough of the new Key Lime!
Aren't you just loving how everything looks so beautiful together in this release?
  • Gina K

  • AJ Otto

  • Carolina Buchting

  • Cathy Tidwell

  • Deb Felts

  • Donna Baker

  • Giovana Smith

  • Janice Whiting

  • Jennie Harper

  • Jimmi Mayo

  • Lee Murphy

  • Melanie Muenchinger

  • Michelle Woerner

  • Sharon Harnist

  • Theresa Momber

  • Tina Gilliland

  • Vicki Dutcher
  • 117 comments:

    1. Love your card!

      ReplyDelete
    2. These are so very awesome Mel! i always love your little ideas how to use all your stamps...im like 'WHY didnt I think of that!' (cause Im not the awesome MEL is why, :D) And I really love the design of that 2nd one, sometimes those are happy mistakes I call them! LOL Hope you are feeling better mf!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Could NOT be better! Congrats on ANOTHER awesome set!

      ReplyDelete
    4. LOVE how you extended the bling!!! Was just thinking this morning I'd try using more of the "scroll" pieces!! Thanks for sharing that! The vase card is gorgeous in green!!! Really like how you colored the leaves!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Wow, Melanie! Now I have two bling sets to purchase!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Gorgeous, Melanie! Love your new set and Theresa's!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Love these sets! Your stamps are always so versatile. Have a great holiday weekend! ♥ky

      ReplyDelete
    8. Love the cards, the vase set is AMAZING!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Love your designs. Great idea to put the two long borders together.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Very lovely cards... love both of these sets.
      Debbie D.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Your cards are great! Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    12. I'm agreeing with everyone on this blog and on this hop...your cards are awesome

      ReplyDelete
    13. Great sets and cards and it is nice to know you make boo boos too!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Holy jeepers, gorgeous projects!

      ReplyDelete
    15. Loved the green card especialy the detail on the vase

      ReplyDelete
    16. A round of applause!! Thanks for also showing how to adapt the bling stamp on other shapes. Fantastic.

      ReplyDelete
    17. I love how versatile your set is Melanie - it works well with so many different Nestability shapes! And your card using Theresa's set is stunning - the thumping technique looks awesome with that image!

      ReplyDelete
    18. Fabulous! Can't wait to see your set featured - it's one of my favorites.

      ReplyDelete
    19. Great creations. I especially like the black and white.

      ReplyDelete
    20. I get so much inspiration from seeing the cards and the ideas. I thank you for being so dedicated to this effort.
      Tish
      cattish@verizon.net

      ReplyDelete
    21. Awesome as always. Love your sets.

      ReplyDelete
    22. Super-esp. like the green/black combo on the Vogue Vases, but of courst bling is always super.

      ReplyDelete
    23. Beautiful samples, Melanie! Love how the Border Bling stamps can be expanded to be used with other dies. I can't live with out using my nesties!

      ReplyDelete
    24. Love the layout developed from a mistake! You're GOOD! :-)

      ReplyDelete
    25. love all the bling

      ReplyDelete
    26. Such wonderful composition on your "vase" card. Serendipity.

      ReplyDelete
    27. You have went over the top Lady and I appreicate this truly do.

      ReplyDelete
    28. Wonderful comments on the stamps and your thoughts in their design. I LOVE the birthday card and pairing the 'decorative shelf' makes an absolutely gorgeous element. I agree that solving problems turns the creative juices on. Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    29. Beautiful job as usual!! I especially love the look that the thumping technique gave to the ferns!! Thank you for the inspiration!!

      ReplyDelete
    30. So many ideas from these stamps, very cute card, thanks for sharing, take care.

      ReplyDelete
    31. Love the classic look of your cards!

      ReplyDelete
    32. Looks like we were on the same b/w wavelength with your first card, Mel -- love it! And the purple label sure is pretty, with the added bling elements. Love the variegated greenery in your Vogue Vase, too! Have a wonderful long weekend, and I hope you feel better soon!

      ReplyDelete
    33. I love everything about the birthday card - the accidental layout (which I will probably have to case sometime in the future) and the colors - the whole card is just beautiful.

      ReplyDelete
    34. LOVE your green card - just pops!!

      ReplyDelete
    35. Your work is amazing. I love the vogue vases card, so simple and lovely.
      Terpstra1ataoldotcom

      ReplyDelete
    36. Great job on the Border Bling set Mel! I do love your bright green card too using the Vogue Vases set. The green is so happy it puts a smile on my face just looking at it!

      ReplyDelete
    37. Lovely cards. Thanks for sharing.

      Linda D.

      ReplyDelete
    38. I love both of these new sets of images but I can see where the sets that go with the Nestabilities will be so well used by many stampers. Your card designs and images designs are awesome.

      ReplyDelete
    39. There are no mistakes in art, just opportunities to use your creativity! Beautiful cards! And I love the stamp set.

      ReplyDelete
    40. Love both your cards! Great designs!

      ReplyDelete
    41. I love these new sets!!! You rock!

      ReplyDelete
    42. great cards, thanks so much for sharing!
      linda patti tpatti@windstream.net

      ReplyDelete
    43. Love it adore it Just can't get enough of it!! That green and detail are awsome!

      ReplyDelete
    44. Both are just beautiful! Thanks for showing us the use of Labels Fourteen. I had no idea. Hey, can you show us all the combinations? Hugs to you!

      ReplyDelete
    45. Great cards! Love what you did with the vase. And Bling is always good.

      ReplyDelete
    46. Lovely job Mel. I so enjoy the colors too!

      ReplyDelete
    47. Beautiful cards as usual, Melanie. Thank you for the inspirations.

      ReplyDelete
    48. Class act - both cards. love the technique you used on the vase.
      Marcie

      ReplyDelete
    49. "Classy and fabulous" - that is what your cards are. Absolutely love the new sets.

      ReplyDelete
    50. Love your new bling set! Can't wait to get it and do some playing! Your second card is fabulous -- love the green and black together and the way you used to border to create the design.

      ReplyDelete
    51. Melanie, Great cards and another great stamp set.

      ReplyDelete
    52. Fabulous cards! I love the "ferns" on the second one.

      ReplyDelete
    53. Two great cards. I love how you used the border from the vase set to make an interesting detail on your card.

      ReplyDelete
    54. I love the color combos you used.

      ReplyDelete
    55. I love when boo boos can be saved! Great job on both of these.

      ReplyDelete
    56. Great cards! Love the ferns!~

      ReplyDelete
    57. WOW! TFS the versatility...FA-BU cards...
      Marisol Gutierrez
      atouchof_sol at yahoo dot com

      ReplyDelete
    58. Great creations!! Love these sets!!!! And congrats on Cardmaker too...great job!

      ReplyDelete
    59. So many wonderful samples for us. Thanks

      ReplyDelete
    60. Great cards, love the way the leaves are painted.

      ReplyDelete
    61. Gorgeous! Love your green vase card especially!

      ReplyDelete
    62. Great cards! Thank you for sharing that mistakes are just opportunities to improve things.

      ReplyDelete
    63. Beautiful cards Mel and love the bling set!! The the shades of green on the fern image. Great job my friend!

      ReplyDelete
    64. Wow, such beautiful creations! and thank you for sharing your ideas!

      ReplyDelete
    65. Great cards! Especially love what you did with the vase. :)

      ReplyDelete
    66. Lovely! I adore the vase set so much! TFS!

      Kris in Alaska
      funamom at yahoo dot com

      ReplyDelete
    67. Wow Melanie, really beautiful cards.....just lovely!

      ReplyDelete
    68. Such fun as always!

      It's a good life!
      Terri E.

      ReplyDelete
    69. These are both remarkable creations...I love how you can pop out the sentiment and fit it right back in again! And the extra mini border...genius!

      ReplyDelete
    70. What awesome cards! Love the techniques you used, and the colors are outta-this-world!

      ReplyDelete
    71. Absolutely stunning creations!

      ReplyDelete
    72. Your black and white card is stunning! And I love your layout on the second card. I am seeing a log ot green and yellow out there and I am loving it.

      ReplyDelete
    73. Beautiful cards. Thank you so much for sharing

      ReplyDelete
    74. Absolutely fab cards! Love the little tut too! TFS!

      ReplyDelete
    75. Time to order another Bling set, just love what you are doing OMG wonderful! OMG how do I decide which set...hmmm

      ReplyDelete
    76. Fabulous cards! Thanks for showing the different dies with them.

      ReplyDelete
    77. Really lovely cards, and great ideas!

      ReplyDelete
    78. Ooh! Both are truly classy and fabulous! Love the elegance of the first one and that layout on the second really rocks!

      ReplyDelete
    79. Very Cute creations--I think I need to go shopping...................

      ReplyDelete
    80. I knew your cards would be fabulous and I was right, I'm lov'in the new green paper

      ReplyDelete
    81. Love the Cards, thanks for sharing.

      Paige
      paigegathome@yahoo.com

      ReplyDelete
    82. I love both of your cards! They have just a little different take and that is always great!

      ReplyDelete
    83. i absolutely love the border bling and all the hints

      ReplyDelete
    84. Too much Border Bling Inspiration - LOL! Vintage Chic really does go with with the new sets and I'm liking it more with every sample I see. You have shown us how to go from simple to simply elegant with the Border Bling set. Great tips too, those Liquid Pearls can be tricky. I'm sure there is more to come!

      Your cardstock choices are awesome for your Vogue Vases card. The thumping on the ferns really makes them pop, I love that technique. Thanks so much for EVERYTHING you've shared in this post.

      Glenda

      ReplyDelete
    85. Hi Melanie! These are awesome cards!! Love both of them!! I believe Coco Chanel said those fab words.. Have a wonderful long weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    86. Beautiful cards!! I love the shading on the bamboo in the vase.
      Kathy
      Katsews at gmail dotcom

      ReplyDelete
    87. bling is good! love the look of your vase card. the ribbon with that "buckle" is perfect

      ReplyDelete
    88. i am totally loving these stamps and btw who said that quote? i'm thinking elizabeth taylor or marilyn monroe. you got me curious now.

      ReplyDelete
    89. Love your Cards and thank you so much for the bling stamp instructions too!!!

      ReplyDelete
    90. Fantastic, thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    91. Gorgeous cards Melanie!! Congrats on another fabulous set!

      ReplyDelete
    92. Great cards and great sets!!!! Must haves for me!!!

      ReplyDelete
    93. Great examples of many uses for the BORDER BLING and the Vogue Vases uses my fave colors.

      ReplyDelete
    94. Love the classy look you achieved with the first card! Thanks so much for creating such a fun set!!! Your birthday card is so beautiful - lovin' all the green and yellow!

      ReplyDelete
    95. Awesome
      Trish
      krazykcrafters at msn dot com

      ReplyDelete

    Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)