Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Liquid Pearls!

I have been looking forward to trying this color combo with "Branching Out", how do you like?Lemon Drop, Black Onyx, and White (and inked up with Memento London Fog).
I omitted the bottom portion of the frame for this greeting and accented each side with White Opal Liquid Pearls as well as the flower centers. Oval frame is cut and layered with Classic and Scalloped oval dies.
Have you tried the Liquid Pearls yet? TIP: When I use Liquid Pearls to make drops, as I pull the bottle away, I do a quick circle of my wrist, like I'm making a swirl in Dairy Queen in soft serve!) to pull the drop around so it doens't dry up in a point from pulling the bottle straight away, this pulls that little end around and down so it dries into a nice neat pearl, make sense? try it!
I really WILL start using some other images to accent "Branching Out" besides the "Springtime Silhouettes" I just can't stop, love 'em! Any requests on which sets?? maybe I need some suggestions from you to jump start me! ;)

12 comments:

  1. You did awesome. I love the color combo. I bought some tulip pearl paint. Is that ok to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous. I do love the color combo! That stamp set would look beautiful in any color combinations - thanks for sharing, and for the tip on non-pointy liquid pearls! Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Mel and LOVE the color combo. Might just have to case this one, lol! You are so right, it is all in the wrist :o) Now we need more colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!! I saw a video on Liquid Pearls somewhere... anyway... the trick to not worry about the tip was to tap under the card stock and it rounds the top. Works every time! No need to try to "wrist" it. :-) I've been going crazy with Branching Out and Follow Your Dreams! LOL LOVE the two together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Melanie! Thanks for the tip on using the pearls. I just bought a bottle but haven't tried it yet so I will definitely try your tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! I love seeing how you combine stamp sets. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the liquid pearls tip...I just bought some - will give that a try! I'm enjoying seeing all the different way you are using 'Branching Out'...such fun! Keep it up!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie, I too love the color combination and, of course, enjoy seeing the many ideas you always give on your blog for your stamp sets. I am inspired to ink up this set today. We will see what is on my blog tomorrow! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors on the card and love the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colors! I need to grab some memento London Fog!
    Beautiful card! I mentioned you (well, your name attached to a stamp set) on my blog the other day. Love spreading the good word about your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Melanie! Gorgeous colour combo! Love it, SO beautiful! I must go find my liquid pearls... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)