Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day and OWH!

Eek, I am so sorry I spaced out on the Memorial Weekend Blog Hop I told you about a couple weeks ago (can't believe it's been two weeks since I posted that!)!! Had some stuff going on this week that the holiday completely snuck up on me, not to mention my kids are in school today(make up for a snow day) so I keep forgetting what day it is now! Did any of you get a chance to participate? Here is the link for the Operation Write Home blog hop if you didn't get a chance to check it out over the weekend!

Here is a quickie card I put together ( yes, two days late but I did get it up on Memorial Day at least!) using "Border Bling" and the "Where Your Heart is" set, these blingy frames are nice for framing images as well as sentiments,and sometimes it is fun to use a smaller image or die cut inside the frame so that bling really acts like a "border" instead of a "label" like I did here. TIP: It would have been SO much better if I'd held off off on adding the pearls and embossed a larger Labels Four die border around my dots to form a nice embossed border outside the bling, oops! There I go, goin' crazy with the pearls again hee hee!

Where Your Heart Is" is featured in "Our Favorite Products" in the Cardmaker July 2011, their Stars and Stripes issue!
They are also featuring Operation Write Home in their "Readers Reach Out" section this month, I hope you can donate some cards, please check out this issue for more details on sending cards or go to the Operation Write Home website! Thanks CardMaker for supporting this terrific organization!


Our Gina K Designs Inspiration Blog Hops continue tomorrow, stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. This is all soooo cool, Mel. Love that set and I totally spaced too.....my mom fell on Friday night and broke her hip....spent the entire weekend between home and hospital. She's doing pretty well. So grateful. Congrats on the CardMaker Faves! They picked the best.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)