Tuesday, May 3, 2011

More Branching Boxes with Sentiments...

Thanks so much for all the sweet feedback on yesterday's "Branching Out" tutorial!(Scorrll down if you missed it!) Here's another single layer CAS I created the same way as yesterday, making a space in the border for a greeting by omitting part of the image and inking only what I wanted, this time with the bird silhouette and half a greeting (again, ink up only what you want!) from "Springtime Silhouettes".
After stamping your frame a greeting, mask off the edges with sticky notes. I inked up the bird in Memento Rich Cocoa and stamped off onto scratch paper, so the bird would be a paler brown and then swiped over the head and underside of the body wing and tail with a matching Memento marker and stamped. The two tone look adds so mcuh to this gorgeous silhouette! I sponged in just a little bit of aqua around him to create a cloudy sky.
Here is the finished card. I embossed a Standard Square Nestabilities around the frame to accent it more and added little bit of a rhinestone flourish behind and over the eye. Cardbase is of course, Pure Luxury Baseweight White, I wouldn't use anything else for my single layer cards or Copic coloring.

(Why didn't I use "Bring the Bling"? Well, I know you don't ALL have that set yet, don't want to leave anyone out, hee hee. Speaking of "Bring the Bling" I need to work up a new sample for you with that set showing off the NEW LIQUID PEARLS Gina added to the store, did you see?? Good stuff! Some other fun bling things ahead, can't wait, can't wait!) ;)
Thanks for visiting today!

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Melanie. I loved both of your cards, yesterday and today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the tutorials and inspiration for the Branching Out set. I can't wait to sit and play. It really looks like a 'go to' set for quick and easy cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning idea Melanie, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous again Melanie!!!
    I'm excited to use my bring the bling set when it gets here with my viva decor pens (like liquid pearls but always automatically dome into perfect little beads every time! So much fun!!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love your work and am definitely going to add your beautiful stamp set to my next GKD order! Thanks for sharing your considerable talents :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These frame stamps are wonderful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got some stamps with borders last night...that was suppose to be my Copic $$ LOL
    Not as amazing as those..but at least I can play! Until I get some of yours...ok most of yours who am I kidding all of them!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your cards are so crisp, clean, and beautiful! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is my favorite card you've ever made!!! Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)