Monday, May 16, 2011

Omission, Times Two!

Hello!! As many of you know, one of my favorite techniques is omission, which allows you a lot of creative control with your images by inking up only the parts you want! Here it is two ways, I used a marker to make a dashed instead of a solid line on my "Branching Out" frame, using the brush tip and just skipping along the border very quickly, then huffing before stamping...
and then I decided to let the little bird in Gina's "Springtime Silhouettes" fly away by inking up the cage only without the bird, be free!! :) I accented the branches and popped up stamped and cut flowers with White Opal Liquid Pearls. TIP: Snip in between the petals and curl them out with your fingers to add more dimension.
I used my own birds from the "Branching Out" set to perch on one of her greetings (with this greeting it's like one let the other out LOL!)
And finally a tip on betting your birds to perch properly: use a grid line block and center the image on where there little feet would be (body meets tail) over the cross hairs. Then line up the horizontal line on your block with where you want it sitting, easy peasy!
Have an amazing day!

8 comments:

  1. You are so clever! I'm a Kraft addict, so you had me there, before I even checked out your gorgeous card! As always, you rock! Thanks for all the inspiration, and sharing how you created your magic - have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Love what you did with that tiny bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Melanie! And what a great tip, thank you so much for sharing!

    Hope you have a great week!
    Blessings and Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have the greatest tips and ideas. I'm going to need the branching out set (how do I not have this?) because of all the wonderful ways you've shown us to use it. Keep up the beautiful work!
    ♥ky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea!! I love the card - kraft, pink & white go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you soooo much for the tip about placement of the bird.
    Jean McGee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mel,you are really so crafty. This card is so great.I love your site for creativity.I always am impressed. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)